Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(DW CC 2017) Disable Real-Time preview... conflict with MAMP

Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'd like to disable the Real-Time preview in the new DW CC 2017 because not allow to open the webpages with custom urls of MAMP.

Now when use the keyboard alt/command-f12 shortcut, all the pages in the browser has the wrong url "http://127.0.0.1:62370/" instead of the "web url" indicate in the "Site Setup" for testing server (ex. http://weblocal.mydomain.com).

How to disable it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Sorry for the inconvinence. Though the address in the browser is pointing to 127.0.0.1,  the content is getting served from the actual server if any.  Actually we are loading all of the content from any testing server, if defined, in an iframe that is embedded inside the HTML that is being served from 127.0.0.1.

chrishuffman​ and everyone who i facing the issue with local preview. are you having any difficulty getting the preview right ?

you could get the legacy preview by selecting  file in the f

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the team and will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please. How long does this answer take? I have work to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may take a while.  Drop back to your earlier version for now.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  it is a problem with localhost testing servers.  I'm having similar issues and I dropped back to my previous version for now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to go back to the CC 2015 behavior which just opened the local HTML file directly in the browser when pressing F12 (i.e. no "real-time" nor any temporary file)?

That way, I can just press F5 to refresh the browser's display and can have multiple pages previewed simultaneously.

Best regards

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan Malz wrote:

Any way to go back to the CC 2015 behavior which just opened the local HTML file directly in the browser...

Not yet. If it's important to you, you could start an Idea over here: Dreamweaver Ideas which would create a user-vote-able Feature Request. If enough people vote for it, it could make it into the next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvinence. Though the address in the browser is pointing to 127.0.0.1,  the content is getting served from the actual server if any.  Actually we are loading all of the content from any testing server, if defined, in an iframe that is embedded inside the HTML that is being served from 127.0.0.1.

chrishuffman​ and everyone who i facing the issue with local preview. are you having any difficulty getting the preview right ?

you could get the legacy preview by selecting  file in the files panel -> right click on the Selected file -> choose Open in browser option. Also this is available in the context menu of the document tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-clicking on the open document tab > Select Open in Browser > works great!

Thank you so much for that .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if you told us up front which features we will lose should we take the chance and roll the dice on an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you not read the announcement on top of this Forum?

Dreamweaver CC 2017 is here! Read this post for a smooth upgrade

Deprecated features

Features that have been removed in Dreamweaver CC 2017

SVN support has been removed, and the team will be introducing support for Github in a future update.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not covered in that list of depreciation..  It has not been depreciated, it is an oversite, a setting that needs to be added to allow the referred web-url of the testing-server to load in the browser.  'A simple turn off live preview' would be lovely.  especially as the localhost server session caches files and requires multiple refreshes to see updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview in Browser is not deprecated.

Right-click on a file in your Files Panel > Open in Browser.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it is no longer accessible via the F12 key (although the menu still shows that shortcut), it is as good as deprecated. Why not add a "open file directly" option to the real-time preview options?

Beste regards

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a bad idea.  Why don't you suggest it?

Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution I received from the team. It may not be the best answer yet though.

We do not have a feature toggle in UI where you can disable real time preview. The only option is to make use of Open in Browser to preview the document is browser using the URL specified in Site Setup from document window context menu or Files panel context menu.

We cannot assign KB shortcuts to the below context menu items as the browsers list is dynamic and is not available in KB Shortcuts window. So the only option is to use below context menus and bring up preview manually without using KB shortcuts.

OpeninBrowser.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me. THANK YOU.

I would still prefer this to be accessible by ALT+F12, like it used to, but this will get me what I need for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an acceptable solution.  Getting the correct address, page file name and page title should be brought back as it was before DW 2017.  Being able to get the correct information while designing pages on a dynamic server (I am using XAMPP) should be a basic part of DW.  I usually have several pages I'm working on in testing what I'm trying to do.  See multiple tabs saying "Real Time Preview" along with the URL "127.0.0.1:58342/preview/app/index.html "  is totally useless to me.   I can't track which page is which.  Having to right click on a tab and choose "show in browser" instead of pressing F12 is also a hassle.  I submitted an idea to bring it back.  Everyone following this thread should likely do the same.  I can't believe Adobe removed this functionality.

page-titles.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, there should be a preference for this somewhere.  I have submitted it also.

But for now, that's what we have to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still think this is a bug or they wouldn't have "F12" next to the right click option. I wish Adobe would actually read these posts and at least give some honest feedback on if/why/when this will be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the right click option is an accidental "undocumented feature" that was likely slated for removal from the program along with the other options that did the same thing, but was left behind in the rush to get CC2017 out the door for Max.

I never really saw a point to the Live Preview in DW or Brackets though. Sure it's "neat" but Ctrl + R isn't all that difficult to hit when you've made a change to a page and want to see it in the browser. Losing the ability to preview directly out of the program when using a testing server isn't worth it.

A toolbar shortcut/bookmark to your local site's home page in the browser is a decent work around for that loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never really saw a point to the Live Preview in DW or Brackets though.

What would be great is if you could edit your RTPreviewed page in browsers and have it appear in your code.  Now that's something people might get excited about.

In its current state, RTPreview steps all over my workflow.   I can't use my browser tools to refine CSS code.  That's something I do quite often during development.   The CSS code is coming from Adobe's server & not my actual web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon Fritz II wrote:

I never really saw a point to the Live Preview in DW or Brackets though. Sure it's "neat" but Ctrl + R isn't all that difficult to hit when you've made a change to a page and want to see it in the browser. Losing the ability to preview directly out of the program when using a testing server isn't worth it.

For anything other than .html pages Live Preview in both Brackets and DW it now seems is useless. Even then its totally useless for developers as it injects junk code  into your own code for it to work, which renders the Broswer inspection tools pointless.

Not sure what these dick-heads are thinking when they come up with ideas like this but this is for sure, without a shadow of a doubt - they are not bloody web-developers who do this day in day out.

I use Brackets but never use the live preview. I just keep a 'real' browser open in the background and then hit reload if I need to see changes.

Whilst live update is nice its not IF garbage is injected into the code.

And you are totally correct 'Losing the ability to preview directly out of the program when using a testing server isn't worth it.' its ******* stupid, what moron approved that I'd like to know, please step forward and announce yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off the rails once again. Topic closed. If in error, please notify me by PM.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines