Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(DW CC 2017) Disable Real-Time preview... conflict with MAMP

Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'd like to disable the Real-Time preview in the new DW CC 2017 because not allow to open the webpages with custom urls of MAMP.

Now when use the keyboard alt/command-f12 shortcut, all the pages in the browser has the wrong url "http://127.0.0.1:62370/" instead of the "web url" indicate in the "Site Setup" for testing server (ex. http://weblocal.mydomain.com).

How to disable it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Sorry for the inconvinence. Though the address in the browser is pointing to 127.0.0.1,  the content is getting served from the actual server if any.  Actually we are loading all of the content from any testing server, if defined, in an iframe that is embedded inside the HTML that is being served from 127.0.0.1.

chrishuffman​ and everyone who i facing the issue with local preview. are you having any difficulty getting the preview right ?

you could get the legacy preview by selecting  file in the f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received a compelling argument to unlock this discussion with the understanding that the offending post be deleted.

I will not delete said post with the hope that civility returns to the discussion.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier wrote:

I have received a compelling argument to unlock this discussion with the understanding that the offending post be deleted.

I will not delete said post with the hope that civility returns to the discussion.

Ben, there is no offending post if you're are refering to my post (49) If you care to remove said words in the post that you find offensive then please feel free to do so, perhaps using words like 'dick-head and moron' if that is what you found offence to describe Adobe staff is not called for but probably what a large majority are thinking. Other than that its a legitimate post about an important feature of a piece of software, which others may share and which Adobe technicians, should they care to listen, may learn from in terms of what web-developers require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I'm understanding what you're saying, it sounds very similar to what I've experienced. I'm using DW to building product driven HTML Emails.

Prior to the 2017 upgraded of DW, when I previewed the email in a browser I could click on any of the hyper links and I would be taken to each of the products linked back to the email.

Since upgrading I can't do that because when I click on a link nothing happens other than serving me with a blank browser page, what's more the url, isn't as it used to be, it is something similar to the  one the original poster has presented.

In order to fix this issue, I clicked on the "Real Time Preview" in DW and selected the "Edit List" menu item, once you're in there looked to Real-time Preview in the left hand column, you'll then be presented by a list of browsers, look to the item below this window that says Options: check the box that says Preview using temporary file and that should fix you problem, can't remember if this is a one time thing or you have to select each of your browsers in turn and choose that option.

hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if we're talking about the same thing here, but I used to hit F12 and be able to deploy a new or existing file and see it displayed in my primary browser (Chrome). Now I'm merely shown the non-updated file loaded into an iframe hosted on some localhost server. Not sure what the point of that is. Better yet, I get a 404 'Not Found' error for a new file because it isn't being deployed to the server anymore using F12. And, yes, I've enabled "Automatically push files to testing server" in my testing server setup, but that checkbox appears to do nothing. What, exactly, is the "Background File Activity" pop-up window doing after an F12 if not sending my updated files to the server?

Now, in order to see the updated file on the server, I have to manually upload it (Ctrl-Shift-U - two hands) and then right-click the something-or-another and serpentine down and around to "Preview Open in browser" (where it sarcastically displays an "F12" next to Chrome in the list). What was a one finger keyboard operation has become a multi-step, two handed + mouse operation.

I should be used to things like this, but they never get easier. Each successive update has me scrambling to find workarounds for muscle memory that's used to functionality that has disappeared or changed so drastically as with the example I've described above. Anyone else customize their code coloring in the previous versions? My condolences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Southernroutes,

I feel you pain, I discovered that once I'd carried out the steps that I previously posted that hitting F12 was an intermittent affair, I would assume that the new updates are focusing on you having to use live preview more than the browser (unsubstantiated) but that's how I feel it is.

Although if memory serves, I don't recall being able to test links in live view either, which is the whole premise of building and creating websites or html emails in my case.

I'm sorry but the following won't be very helpful for some of you reading this, but I read a review of DW 2017 and the author felt that Adobe  appeared to be directing you to being more code orientated rather than design view so with that I fixed the issues I was experiencing with DW 2017 and simply uninstalled it, I returned to using DW 2015.

Although since reverting back to 2015 I've rekindled my love for Notepad ++ and have been using that extensively, at least I'm using code view now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, well, I've also got Notepad++ primed and ready to go, just in case. I can't tell you how many times I've switched over to it after a major DW update. 😛

I've never liked live view or split screen and this new 127.0.0.1 iframe thing this has me really scratching my head. Just working off the testing server and seeing my updates in the browser after an F12 was working so well. Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap same issue, this stop working for me, because in my config of my server i got to doesn't permit cross-origin framing, and i cant turn this option off in my server by security reasons, so hope you can fix it or give option to disable it and let use the traditional way by pressing F12, so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a DW bug or an oversight?

It wasn't broke - so why fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prashanth,

I have similar problem (Windows 8.1 machine and WAMP server up and httpd-vhosts.conf with redirection.

Problem No1 - If local server is up and running, DW will ignore it.

Problem No2 - If there is remote (my.remoteServer.com) and test (my.localServer.dev) servers defined in DW Site Setup, DW will give priority to the remote server with no warnings or options to define priorities. e.g when I click F12 it will open my.remoteServer.com instead my.localServer.dev, if I click on the Real-Time preview icon on bottom right hand side and then click on the primary browser, Real-Time preview will open localhost address, something like http://127.0.0.1:50536/preview/app/index.html.

Suggestion

These are serious problems and I would suggest to have additional option in Site Setup, where user can select if he want to use defined remote server, test server or built in DW server for the Real-Time preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is to annoying - Anybody know other good editors that are easy to jump to from DW?

I have looked at Sublime and Brackets...

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Dreamweaver forum. If you want an honest answer, Google the subject.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac users:

https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/14/visual-studio-for-mac/

Two weeks have passed and no update still available for Dreamweaver CC 2017.
My concern is that Adobe has closed the DW CC 2017 project (maybe Adobe fired the whole DW team) and it's planning the works for the 2018 version.

I think it's too difficult to correct all bugs and much better to start from scratch with a new and strong team.

Meanwhile, it's better to continue to use the old version 2015 or search another tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try Atom, or Sublime, both has a lot of potential with posibility of add mods, that made wonderfull this editors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

It has to be a bug not a feature or the right click option wouldn't list "F12" as the shortcut.

Fingers crossed there is someone in Adobe who can get this big fixed ASAP.

I have reported it as a bug, please vote to help this issue get fixed.

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs: Hot (279 ideas) – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi What's the title for listed bug?  can't find it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the following post to bring back F12 functionality to be launching file preview.

Note: With this hack, real time preview would be completely disabled.

DW CC 2017 how to get back old F12 functionality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Prashanth,

Fingers crossed if we all report the bug they'll add a toggle into the Preference window or site preferences to restore the F12 function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe (management) seems more concerned with trying to get us to buy their stock photography than fixing their broken software. I feel sorry for those devs. Releasing something this buggy, it has to be a toxic environment to work in day after day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running XAMPP on windows and before I upgraded to DW 2017 my F12 key worked perfectly fine with my 127.0.0.1 loopback address. I often work with PHP files and the preview tool is not working. Instead of the proper address "http://127.0.0.1/xampp/" i get this garbage "http://127.0.0.1:51285/preview/app/index.html". I should have never upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you right click the file name in either the Document Window (the file name tab) or within the Files window and choose "Open in Browser" does it function correctly?

Given all of the problems in CC2017: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/known-issues-dreamweaver-cc-2017.html it may be better in the short term to roll back to CC2015: http://blogs.adobe.com/adobecare/2015/06/16/how-to-find-and-install-previous-version-of-adobe-apps-i... until the first batch of patches come out for the new programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really having an issue with updated grpahics not previewing. I work on html email and have depended on browser preview before testing, if updating graphics can't be preivewed correctly this is a major set back. The only thing that is working is opening each image in a new tab closing out my preview and previewing again. This is ridiculous. Are they working ona a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To access the old Preview in Browser, right-click on open document tab or a file in your Files Panel.

Select Open in Browser > Do not hit F12.

Refresh your browser with Ctrl+R or F5.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Nancy, that is not an acceptable work around.  Having to right click on the open document tab and selecting Preview in Browser is a hassle.  Additionally, when you do that it shows right there on the menu that the F12 is a shortcut.  This is a bug and needs to be fixed.  F12 has worked for YEARS and it needs to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winginsue wrote:

Sorry Nancy, that is not an acceptable work around. Having to right click on the open document tab and selecting Preview in Browser is a hassle.

I'm sorry it's a hassle for you.  But it's the only workaround Adobe has provided us with so far .

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was thinking you were an Adobe person.   I did submit a bug report.  Hopefully they will fix it.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines