Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(DW CC 2017) Disable Real-Time preview... conflict with MAMP

Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'd like to disable the Real-Time preview in the new DW CC 2017 because not allow to open the webpages with custom urls of MAMP.

Now when use the keyboard alt/command-f12 shortcut, all the pages in the browser has the wrong url "http://127.0.0.1:62370/" instead of the "web url" indicate in the "Site Setup" for testing server (ex. http://weblocal.mydomain.com).

How to disable it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Sorry for the inconvinence. Though the address in the browser is pointing to 127.0.0.1,  the content is getting served from the actual server if any.  Actually we are loading all of the content from any testing server, if defined, in an iframe that is embedded inside the HTML that is being served from 127.0.0.1.

chrishuffman​ and everyone who i facing the issue with local preview. are you having any difficulty getting the preview right ?

you could get the legacy preview by selecting  file in the f

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a waste of time.  You need a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, telling us that it needs a fix is a waste of time. We are users just like you and can do little to help.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've been losing my mind because I need to preview in the browser and also quickly grab the URL. This nonsense localhost URL was preventing that but your workaround solved the problem. I am so disappointed in these changes. They have completely interrupted my workflow and made me wish I never updated, even with the crashes I was experiencing on 5.5 with Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Chrome to view your pages, you can get the Cache killer add on and it will resolve that problem.  This is another bug that has appeared in the new Dreamweaver but the Cache killer fixes that.  I found out from another thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you brought the issue to the attention of those that can and will do something about your perceived bugs? Please go to

Incidentally, the Chrome cache issue has nought to do with Dreamweaver. For this it is best to go to Google with your grievances.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I did submit a bug report.  I think the cache thing does have something to do with Dreamweaver because I never had an issue until the new upgrade.   I appreciate the input though.   I think I will submit another bug report.  I will BUG them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried a new bug report as well.

Silly thing is the F12 is already built into their menu, the function that is meant to work which works (on right click) is in the code, they simply need to assign the correct function to the F12 key. In reality is shouldn't take much time to fix at all.

Hoping the development team at Adobe have had an awesome Christmas and New Year and someone will be back in the office soon to help us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really screwy, on older pages that I created the live preview in a browser works after a fashion.

On new pages created with the current version it gives me an error 404 page not found. If you go into the browser edit section you can assign F12 to one browser and ctl F12 to a second by selecting them as your primary and secondary browsers, then check the preview using a temporary file box.

Now when you hit F12 it will bring the page up in a browser the down side is every time you hit F12 it will open a new browser Tab rather than just updating the one that was already open, but hey it is a little less of a PIA than some of the other options..

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found a way.

Instead of creating a website, in "manage websites", copy from an old one (one where F12 was working) and tadaa!

F12 is back on tracks. (for me it's working)

Best,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of creating a website, in "manage websites", copy from an old one (one where F12 was working) and tadaa!

I don't know what all this means exactly.  But a simple right-click on an open tab works fine for me.  No secret sauce, no hocus pocus.

CC-Preview-in-browser.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OR LEFT CLICK on file name ("untitled" like above)  and just after  F12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in the newer version I have to do extra steps to do something that I was able to do with one click of the keyboard?. Where's the improvements in UX design in that?, I'm now stuck with the 'better' way of previewing files?.... lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click is so reflexive for me, I don't even think about it.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click where?, you mean outside DW in Windows Explorer?, yeah I do that too now but it's lame that I could do that inside DW with the press of a button...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alexllanes  wrote

Right click where?, you mean outside DW in Windows Explorer?

No.  Inside DW's Files Panel or on an open document tab.

CC-Preview-in-browser.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, that still is an extra step that wasn't needed before...

The current method (the one you mention) requires 3 clicks and focus on what you are clicking to get to the preview...

Oh well, I guess it works for most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to manually override or reassign F12 back to it's normal behavior of opening the actual url in your set browser of choice? PLEASE get rid of this new annoying and useless "feature" of opening a copy of the local files through localhost!!! GIVE ME BACK F12!!! I've been using Dreamweaver since Macromedia introduced it and I have to say, without F12 to automatically upload my code and open that actual code from the server in the browser, I might as well be using Notepad and sFTP. This change renders Dreamweaver absolutely useless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very annoying indeed.

Please try this, 100% fix

Close the tab of the page you want to launch in DreamWeaver before opening it in Browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'right-click-open-in-browser' work around is "okay" (*groan*), but you cannot do this method if you select any of the options under Window > Arrange.

😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is also available if you right click the filename from the list in the Files window.

It needs to be user-definable option in the Preferences.

Something like a pair of radio buttons...

Select default preview method:
     o - Live Preview
     • - Open in Browser

Then, whenever you hit F12, the selection you make is what the page opens with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that's a good, additional workaround.

+1 for your suggestion as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to add your voice in the Ideas section:

Who knows, with enough people voting on it, Adobe might see fit to add it to the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix that worked for me was switch design to live. Then clicking live view options (setting icon with eye), and selecting "Use Testing Server For Document Source".

This in combination with making sure in the site setup that the Web URL was correct: http://localhost/<pathToSite>.

I also checked Automatically upload files to server on Save.

After doing this F12 would open file correctly either as http://localhost/index.html or http://127.0.0.1:53282/preview/app/index.html (Real Time Preview).

You can also click on the bottom right icon (Browser and Device), and select the browser of choice to open the current tab in Real Time Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I seem to have found a solution to the keyboard shortcut issue, at least in Dreamweaver 2018, which I just upgraded to.  To get this to work, you first have to preview the file in a browser (the old-fashioned way.) . As mentioned by others, you do this by right-clicking on the file in the file browser or on the file name tab in the document window.  It seems that if you keep this tab open in your browser, when you hit F12 going forward, it will open the file with your testing browser URL in a new tab, not the real-time preview URL.  I've only just stumbled across this, so I'm not sure how constantly this works, but it seems to do the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines