• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing secure coldfusion site - can't get past login

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit a user account page on a ACF site using DW live view.  The live view window shows the login page because a user needs to log in somehow before their data appears on the page I need to edit, and I need to see the page with data in it to be effective.  I can't seem to submit the form from within DW to log in, so how do I proceed without hacking the application.cfc and cflogin framework to bypass this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Yes, it’s not actually a bug, but a way to make sure site content is secure. The same thing happens with my password-protected site in Live View. You pretty much have to have a real browser connection in this scenario to test, and you should be ok to simply click the Browser Preview in the lower right corner of your document window to try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried in Live view?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Can't submit the login form, therefore cannot see the resulting page that I'm trying to edit.

Incidentally, backspace doesn't work in the form fields either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok., I tried on one of my projects and I can see the dilemma that you are faced with, sorry about that.

All I can say is that Live view in Dreamweaver is not a complete browser replacement. The only way to get your page is using Design view and testing with an external real browser.

If you want to make this known to the Development Team, I suggest you go to

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it’s not actually a bug, but a way to make sure site content is secure. The same thing happens with my password-protected site in Live View. You pretty much have to have a real browser connection in this scenario to test, and you should be ok to simply click the Browser Preview in the lower right corner of your document window to try it out.

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"It's not a bug, it's a feature"????

No, it's lack of foresight, bad programming or maybe just a missed opportunity to excel. Whatever the case may be, it makes Dreamweaver worthless for anything but base HTML pages. My expectations were too high.

It's not that great an editor for Bootstrap either.  I keep seeing popups about "native Bootstrap support" yet there is no obvious way to create a modal.  I didn't think a 7 day trial would be long enough, but I'm realizing that it may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines