Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, we are working on it

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think l've been unreasonable in requesting some clarification of why posts have been removed, why the personal grievances and accusations. The css grid thread was perfectly reasonably and light hearted up until post 18. As a representative of Adobe l would not expect to be subjected to the ocassional abusive outbursts, as in your recent responses, which l view now more as personal grievances than considered responses.

Theres reslly nothing to lose, this forum is as good as dead.

Im outta here now. lve put my point across, hopefully as it contains nothing hugely offensive it wont be deleted, thats all l have to say on the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are entitled to a clarification, one that I am unable to supply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, no problem. I dont think there was anything in that thread that other than those who contritubed would find useful anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  wrote

Im outta here now. lve put my point across, hopefully as it contains nothing hugely offensive it wont be deleted, thats all l have to say on the matter.

I'll be sorry to see you go Os.

That said, there has only been 6 none Dw specific topics posted in the last 8 days, and those are either very basic knowledge, or asking for opinions.

I don't have a problem with anyone,, (I disgree with what has been happening though) but I have noticed that opinions have become very polarised over the last few years. Which I blame on Dw itself, and the advancements in web development that Dw has failed to keep up with. Even asking the Dw team for 'clarification' on Dw's future and intended user, has brought nothing except silence, (the blog post said nothing, except 'waffle').

One of the reasons, (amongst many)I decided to 'hand back' my acp, was that many thought the Dw forum should only answer questions relating to Dw itself, and not anything to do with code, which to me renders this forum obsolete, as Dw specific problems should be handled by Adobe support. It looks as though those who objected to answering code questions, have won by default anyway.

As for me leaving, there is almost nothing for me in the forum questions anyway, so again it will probably be a 'no longer requirerd' situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula when l said l'm outta here, l only meant for the evening or morning as it eventually turned out to be.

I agree with you in reference to the content of the posts but it is what it is and maybe my own expectations of what they should be was becoming unrealistic given we are talking about DW, not highly regarded by professionals in its current state so it should hardly be surprising that the calibre of user l more align myself with just didnt materialise, l think l knew that some time ago though.

What killed it for me is only 4 or 5 people ever responded, voicing their views and opinions on  any subject posted regarding web development. You tried your best to evoke interest and l tried to kick some life into it, maybe controversial at times, but its failed.

Im going to leave the front door open but dont be surprised if l don't post as regularly. If l dont come back then l wish you all the best and thanks for your valued support. To the rest of the regulars l hold no grudges.

Bye bye for now at least

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I locked the CSS Grids discussion after it had gone completely off the rails.   I did not delete it.   And I don't know who did.   

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy OShea, I have a faint suspicion who did and it was not me either. I went to the backroom and other ACP forums and could find no reference to the deleted post. As the englisman stated, they could have taken down the offensive part rather than the whole post

The thing that irks me is that I was deemed to be the suspect as this post asserted. It seems to be the englishman's way to badmouth both you and I for having our views which are contrary to his views. This reminds me of the few people that I have met in my life that show an excessive interest in or admiration of oneself (narcissist).

PS: I used the term englisman in the same manner as he used frenchman, very hurtful and it is the last time that I will do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines