Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gray line around, impossible edit.

Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working with a local server. On live view, after editing something, a text... whatever, usually appears a gray color line around the div (or container) I just edited, blocking me for any addition edit. Suddenly I see a message saying that something is "WORKING ON THE SERVER..." and I should wait...? What does it mean? Do I have to wait for the server to complete some tasks behind in order to have my content again able to be edited? What should I do when I see that gray line that doesn't allow me edit more? This happens on Live View. Thanks for your patience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

The simple answer is don't use Live view on .php files.  Switch to Design view.  It's faster and you don't need to save your work after every single thing you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple answer is don't use Live view on .php files.  Switch to Design view.  It's faster and you don't need to save your work after every single thing you do.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's true. It's annoying to receive a message everytime inviting me to save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines