• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can i clear th cache in dreamweaver cc2019 live preview?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha @Deleted User

how can i clear th cache in dreamweaver live preview?

dont want to see color of visited link.

in Normal Browsers is the shortcut strg+shift+delet and then reload.

but how can i do that in dw?

greetz herbsto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Found it.

1. Close DW
2. Make sure you have your OS hidden files turned on
3. Go to C: > Users > (your username) > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver (your version) > (your language) > Configuration > Cef
3. In that folder, you'll see a Visited Links file, add a _ in front of the file name or delete the file entirely
4. Open DW and your links will no longer show as visited (until you visit them again)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that appears to be a new and mind-numbingly poorly thought out "feature".

(CC2015 doesn't remember pages you've visited in Live View)

I can't see a way to clear it, yet. I'm guessing there isn't a way to do it from within the program's UI itself. I wonder which file in CC2019 holds that, and if it can be deleted/modified...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it.

1. Close DW
2. Make sure you have your OS hidden files turned on
3. Go to C: > Users > (your username) > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver (your version) > (your language) > Configuration > Cef
3. In that folder, you'll see a Visited Links file, add a _ in front of the file name or delete the file entirely
4. Open DW and your links will no longer show as visited (until you visit them again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I work with MacOS Big Sur, don't have an AppData Folder. I found an Adobe folder under Application Support>Adobe, but there's also no DW folder... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Adobe : Dreamweaver <version.> : <language> : Configuration :

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found it! Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should also go to View > Live View Options and uncheck any Follow Links options that might be turned on. Use your browser to test page to page link functionality. At least there it's easier to clear your history so you can see your site's base state during development.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears CC 2019 doesn't care if you open the file via Follow Links, or out of the Files window. Opening the file either way will activate the visited state of links for the pages that link to it in Live View.

This has got to be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks it works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines