• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I put my local folders in the cloud.

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forgive my for not searching this forum extensively for an answer.

I have a number of mobile devices that I wand to edit a web site. So I really need it not to be "only" on a local machine.

I want the local folders to be in the cloud so I can access it with any mobile device and ideally like most cloud technology for it to be reflected on a local drive.

So when I go to work or or to another country and take one machine with me I will have no access issues.

I mainly use mac but occasionally would like to use a SG 8+ or a SG Tab2

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Sorry for the inconvenience I got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a simple NO then I think........you can use Dropbox as a backup/storage solution, its NOT just for sharing your files.

Its plain enough::::::

Dropbox Storage Solutions | Dropbox™ Official Website | dropbox.com‎

I just didnt know if it had the ability to work in the background scanning/watching the computer for any changes and backing those changes up automatically. Currently I only use it for file sharing but was considering it as an option for some kind of back-up solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The date on my local files, now in the OneDrive cloud, is correct but the date on the remote server, my isp provider, is way out. How do I fix that. I need to know to check if the uploads have in fact taken place. There are often delays and I often keep uploading.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My isp server is in another state, they are always 4 hours ahead of me in Perth. That is ok as long as the time is stable.

I have another question which I have been searching for an answer for a few days here and other places.

I want to make links from a  DW home page to a number of my youtube videos and one to the youtube channel I own.

I can insert a small link with image to a youtube video but when I click on it will not show full screen.

Can someone help me or direct me to where people can help?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience I got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post your solution here for the benefit of other users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can only describe how I changed my local folder to the cloud using OneDrive. I am presuming other cloud clients operate in the same way.

The thread is quite self explanatory. But it is missing some specifics.

In the two pane ftp box in DW on the left is the remote server which we can not alter. It is the web site. On the right pane is the local folder which exists on the machine you are on. This is fine if you have one machine. The difficulty arises when you have more than one machine. In my case I have an old MacBook Air. I recently purchased a MacBook Pro to render 4K video. Now I have a problem. There are two local folders one on the MBA and one on the MBP. I doesn't matter what the machines are as long as they both have DW.

So I need one local folder and the only workable and simple solution is to have one local folder and the easiest way to do this is to have the local folder in the cloud.

Cloud folders that you work on are actually a drive on your local machine. But are linked to the cloud so what ever you do in that folder is quickly reflected in the cloud. Yes you need a fast internet connection for it to work well.

So in my case I have the same cloud drive on all my machines. So the latest file update is reflected in the cloud.

That leaves the only "manual" intervention is to update the files on the remote server. You can use the "up" tool but I like to actually drag the files across so I can see the time update and so I know that local file have been updated on the remote server.

You do have to do a hard refresh on the actual web page to make sure your updates have taken place. I actually use different browser or even devices to ensure the update has taken place.

A graphical illustration could explain that much easier than my written attempt. If you can imagine that.

The more I think about it the more I think what beautiful and simple solution this is, although initially it appears complex.

I think I got all that right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines