• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Important is Code? A plea for help from us to new posters!

LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2010 Aug 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't ask a layout question (or really almost any other question) here without also giving us a look at the code on your page.  The best way to do this is to upload the page and its dependent files, and to post a link to this uploaded page.  A poor second alternative would be to paste your code into your post using the double chevron icon on the toolbar, and selecting Syntax Highlighting > Plain Text.

Without knowing what you have in your code, we cannot possibly answer anything other than a very simple question.  Save us the trouble of engaging in twenty questions to find out what you have done and just show us the code.  After all, it's what determines what happens on the page, not your screenshot or your description.

Please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly, I’m not at this point going backwards to look it up. I need to move ahead of this. Thanks for taking the time to look into it. I guess my frustration put me over the edge. But I really feel intimidated using the forum help, as I fear getting the initial response that I did from Murray. Case closed.

Thanks again, Cheryl Breunig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration. But as far as I can tell, Murray has never responded to any of your posts. Before making a personal accusation in public forum you should have your facts straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the message, loud & clear, but the post he posted to someone else (that came to me) shouted, all the same. I’m over this, believe me--want to move forward.

Thanks for taking the time. I’m learning fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Murray,

as you/we can see, this thing has dissolved into pleasure. Due to its length now, it became - in my opinion - very complex. Therefore I would suggest, because the theme of this thread still has its validity, that you as the initiator, would give this topic a new heading and a new text, and put it at the old place instead of the current.

What do you think about it?

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The message is clear and concise.  It's been lying dormant for months now.  And it's still relevant.

While many of those who responded completely missed the intention and meaning of the message, it's still a relevant one.  I think I'll just leave it, but I will lock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the Adobe Community help was just that. Help. But instead I got bombarded with  (what I can only describe as) a good-ole-boy-club of people that don't remember what it was like to be a beginner.  I felt like I was in some kind of chat-room that did nothing but INSULT me.

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have any links to examples of this so we can increase standards in the forums?

I've looked at the threads you've been involved in but I honestly cannot find any such responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to look into it. I guess my frustration put me over the edge. But I really feel intimidated using the forum help, as I fear getting the initial response that I did from Murray. Case closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto that! Honestly, if you dont like a question, ask for clarification or just opt to not answer it. Your wasting a lot of people's time by attacking folks who need help. Come on down off your high horse, Murray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to this post then you've misinterpreted Murray's post. There's no high horse anywhere here.

He's not shouting at anyone.

He's pleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to look into it. I guess my frustration put me over the edge. But I really feel intimidated using the forum help, as I fear getting the initial response that I did from Murray. Case closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines