• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add mailto:"" link to 142 email address at once?

Participant ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to make all email address clickable. I can search for the email and 142 come up. How do I make them all clickable at once, ie assign a link with a mailto: parameter at once?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

timothyi34297763  wrote

How could I address the issue of spam. Is there a way to make it hidden to bots?

No.  The simple answer is don't post email addresses on the web.   Use a contact form with secure server-side script that conceals email and thwarts spam. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a find and replace.

if you have something like <div>blah@blah.com</div>

Search for blah@blah.com

Replace with:

<a href="mailto:blah@blah.com" class="mailto">blah@blah.com</a>

Then use some css to style the email anchor:

.mailto {

text-decoration: none;

color: #999;

}

HOWEVER if you have 142 instances of an email address in your website you are going to be getting potentailly a massive amount of unwanted spam.

I rarely use an email address, prefering to use a contact form instead or at least try and encrypt the email address somehow, which you used to be able to do........I don't know now as I try to avoid using a direct email address in a website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you osgood. This is the solution indeed. I got tired of waiting so I did it manually. There was only 42. Next time, I'll know.

How could I address the issue of spam. Is there a way to make it hidden to bots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

timothyi34297763  wrote

No.  The simple answer is don't post email addresses on the web.   Use a contact form with secure server-side script that conceals email and thwarts spam. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you're not publishing emails on the web.  If you are, this will be a huge magnet for email harvesters & spam bots.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines