• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to collapse file tree

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I collapse my files in my local file tree?? For instance there are so many sub folders that I open that it's hard to find the main folder sometimes, the list is so ling. There must be a way to close them all at once.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the solution from Nancy in this post collapse all folders​ and let us know if it helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Your answer DOES NOT work for me as I do not have any “plus” or “minus” icons on my file tree – please see screenshot below and let me know HOW I can collapse my files quickly. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot did not come through.

If you are using email to respond to the forum, images and code are omitted. You'd have to come to the forum via web browser and insert the image in a reply there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW?

Thee is no option to do so, I tried. Underneath “Actions” a pop-up states “No actions are available”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway I do not have the plus/minus signs as the answer stated to click on so it doesn’t work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+click or Cmnd+click on the Site name triangle.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I do not have that arrow either. I have the cloud version 18.2, 10165 Build running on Windows 7 Professional.

I wish I could send you a screen shot. There is no option in the forum to respond toany of the posts I received earlier today regarding this.

Thank you,

Tami

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log-in to the web forum.

Use the print screen key on your keyboard to grab a screenshot of yout Files panel (F8).

Use Ctrl+V to paste screenshot into your forum reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I keep trying to tell you there are NO OPTIONS to reply.

Under each post it says ”Actions” but when I click it I get a pop-up that says “No actions are available”.

If I could do it I would have done it by now not go back and forth here saying the same thing over and over.

My Dreamweaver is the cloud version 18.2, 10165 Build running on Windows 7 Professional. I have NO arrows, plus signs, minus signs, absolutely NO WAY to quickly collapse my files. I have tried clicking everything, tried searching the web and even your forums. NOTHING works which is why I posted the question. The answers you have provided do not apply to my version of Dreamweaver.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if your arrows aren't showing, double-clicking the folder icon in your files window should expand/collapse a given folder. Control+Clicking multiple folders and double-clicking should expand/collapse all selected folders.

Make sure you haven't accidentally scrolled a bit to the right in your files panel. If you have a lot of the columns like Size, Modified, Type, etc active, it can happen pretty easily. Note the thin slightly less dark gray scroll bar at the bottom of my first screen shot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes double-clicking does do that. My problem is I have to scroll a mile to find the folder which is why I need a quick-collapse option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add a reply within the forum itself, first, log in at http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver by clicking the Sign In link circled below...

Then, go to your post's address at: How to collapse file tree

Click the "Reply" link under a given response to create a reply...

Then click the Insert Image icon in the forum reply field...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you're frustrated.  But we're just fellow product users trying to help you out.  We don't get paid to do this.

I think Jon has correctly deduced that your Files Panel is not scrolled far enough to the left to show you the triangles or chevrons.   It might help if you Expand your Files Panel.

CC-FilesPanel-expanded.jpg

If that is not correct and you have a bad installation, try Restore Preferences. 

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, So sorry, I thought all the answers were from Adobe personnel.

Also didn't know I had to be logged in to reply. This is my first time using this forum. Does Adobe ever step in and provide answers?

Here's my screen shot. No arrows, no plus/minus signs. And the files I am showing start with 10000 and as you can see I'm down in the 80000 range. So it's alot of scrolling to get to the folder, which is in another folder and that in another etc so takes much time to get to where I need.

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no folders in that screenshot, only individual .aspx files.

The +/- or > icons only appear in front of actual folders.

Unfortunately, it looks like your site structure is the problem. There aren't any shortcut commands I can think of that would make moving through that many individual files any easier in DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so here is the beginning of that particular folder. It's alot of scrolling to get up to it and then even more to get higher up to a different folder or the main folder when there are 5 folders within folders each with a ton of content, if you know what I mean.

There has to be a fast way. There used to be with my 2015 version but then I was updated to 2018 and many things went away as if the developers forgot certain features or changed them omitting many.

dw2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK, so your open/close icons aren't missing.

The Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys can help navigate your monster list, if the Files panel has the program's focus. You can also type a file/folder name to move through the list that way. If you know the folder name, it should bring you right to it.

I'm not sure what options you're talking about in CC2015, but if needed, you can have that version installed at the same time as CC2018 or CC2019 without issue. They won't run at the same time, but if you miss a feature you had in one version that was removed later, you can use that older version when necessary.

To install an additional version of DW...

1. Open the CC Desktop App:
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small triangle next to DW's update/open/install button
4. Click Manage
5. Choose Other Versions
6. Pick the older version from the list and install

In the future, make sure the "Remove Older Versions" checkbox under the Advanced Options link of the installer dialogue is turned off. It's not a good plan to install new versions of any software on a production machine without proper testing. With most Adobe Apps, you don't have to, the older versions happily plug along when needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EMS-usa,

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. One solution to this will be to try collapsing folders by pressing Arrow Left key and expand the same by pressing Arrow Right within files panel. Also as Nancy mentioned, you should try to Restore Preferences Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences. for getting back the Collapse icons next to folders in Files panel.

Let us know if this works, else will investigate it further and try to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

It seems I used to have an option to collapse my files quickly in the 2015 version. Similar to another program we use - see below where I can click one button and everything closes, notice no scroll bar. Clicking the button to the left of it (second image) opens everything, notice the position and size of the scroll bar indicating how far I have to scroll. Also see at the bottom how many (over 6000) files we have.

Can this feature be added?

Clicking my arrow keys works only sometimes. Other times it thinks I want to delete a file and then I have to click "no".

dw closed.JPG

dw open.JPG

Thank you, Tami

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines