• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix errors in my code [was: dreamweaver]

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error codingError codingMissing main.cssMissing main.cssI have purchased dreamweaver to building my client's websites. I have never used an application software like this before. I found out that I needed to purchase a webhost provider. I invested more money into Bluehost. I bought a package that has SSL certifactions, maleware protection, unlimited domian names, e-commerce. I wanted to connect everything to dreamweaver. No one who works for Bluehost nor Adobe , knows how to do it. Connecting the applications to the dreamweaver sit I am building. I also have been watching video's on youtube: bring your own laptop. And www.w3schools.com, to learn coding and how to use html and css. And my codes are saying my closing tags are not connecting to the open tags. And the other picture is saying I am missing the main.css. Can anyone help me? Coding websites or tutiorals. How to fix these problems? How to connect the products from Bluehost to dreamweavet.

TOPICS
Code , Error , How to , Interface , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Now send us your computer so we can see what's on your C drive! 

image.png

Seriously.  Those links are useless.  You need to define your site.  I gave you step-by-step instructions along with screenshots above.  Please carefully read and follow them.

Upload site files to your remote server using the UP arrow in your Files Panel (F8).

Did you purchase a custom domain name for your site yet?  If not, you need to have one.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only asked for help. If you don't know the answers I won't ask again. You have offened me countless times. You don't even know me. I am a beginner in coding. There is no reason to disrespect me. I don't find any of this funny.

The whole point is that you are not giving us the information to be able to answer the question. We have asked for the link to the site so that we can have a look at the code. We get a link to an empty site and we get a link to your local file. Neither are of any use.

The alternative is to copy and paste the code here. That way we can see the code for ourselves. We need to see the full code and not snapshots of parts of the code. 

Once you understand our delemma in trying to help you, you will understand our attitude towards you. Hopefully we can come together in this already difficult time and make peace.

Just give us the bloody code

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, hallo, lets work gently! And to come down, please have a look to my screenshot of your https://vamargilanino1229.com/ :

screenshotVamarg.jpg

what means your real website isn't on the web yet. I therefore must wonder myself do you have a provider, to whom you can upload your files? Only in this case we can see your website in question and try to help.

Why? At the moment your work is existent only on YOUR harddisk and nobody can see it, yes, no other person than yourself. Therefore would be your first step to find a provider to upload your website. This goal should be realised easily, because your photos from your first thread suggest that all the necessary files are in place.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and sorry, Ben is right, naturally: My way is in contrast to his proposal to let us know your code (maybe with problems for you with copy and paste ans the large number of different files) to show us your website(s) in real mode.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines