• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix errors in my code [was: dreamweaver]

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error codingError codingMissing main.cssMissing main.cssI have purchased dreamweaver to building my client's websites. I have never used an application software like this before. I found out that I needed to purchase a webhost provider. I invested more money into Bluehost. I bought a package that has SSL certifactions, maleware protection, unlimited domian names, e-commerce. I wanted to connect everything to dreamweaver. No one who works for Bluehost nor Adobe , knows how to do it. Connecting the applications to the dreamweaver sit I am building. I also have been watching video's on youtube: bring your own laptop. And www.w3schools.com, to learn coding and how to use html and css. And my codes are saying my closing tags are not connecting to the open tags. And the other picture is saying I am missing the main.css. Can anyone help me? Coding websites or tutiorals. How to fix these problems? How to connect the products from Bluehost to dreamweavet.

TOPICS
Code , Error , How to , Interface , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error messages are self explanatory, you are missing a <div> and a <header> tag. Without seeing your code, I cannot tell you where these tags are supposed to go. All I can say is that they should go prior to line 30.

The second image tells you that main.css should be within the site definition, assuming that you have correctly defined the site.

To get help using Dreamweaver, click the F1 key.

Remember that Dreamweaver is a tool to help you develop a website.

Having a scalpel does not make you a surgeon, similar to having Dreamweaver does not make you a website developer. There is lots of learning and using other tools,

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anya,

I would like to underline Ben's words and add two things:
Please load up yout website in question - no matter how it looks like - and send us a link to it.

And, if you have not done already, give your web presence a structure, like

websiteStructure.jpg

aso.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help us to know your skill set.

• How many websites have you created and with which products?
  • How good are you with HTML5, CSS and JavaScript code? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thinks that's - 1. None and 2. What's html5, css and javascript.

'I have purchased dreamweaver to building my client's websites. I have never used an application software like this before'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps me to know if they previously used Muse, WordPress/Wix or even iWeb.  At least then we know what skill level we're dealing with.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used doodlekit.com , google for building websites, and wix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am advanced in graphic designing, maya and photoshop. I am just a beginner at coding. Like I said above I have been learning from www.w3schools.com and youtube tutiorals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a graphic designer myself l would like to encourage you to keep learning. I think you're going in the right direction but  be careful on youtube. Try to find tutorials which are less than about 18 months old. There's a lot of good and current content mixed in with a lot of out dated methods.

As for your coding issue, can you paste the complete pages code you are having the trouble with in the forum. Someone will then be able to provide a more comprehensive answer for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

codingcoding20200426_152438.jpg20200426_152419.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be more specific in this user-to-user forum. 

What exactly do you need help with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'What exactly do you need help with?'

The lack of being able to 'express' themselves, most probably, reading into the lack of information contained within the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my first time using the community chat area. I am having a diffcult time in dreamweaver. My open tags are saying errors to the closing tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow, you had created 2 discussions on the same topic so to avoid further confusion, I merged them into one discussion.

These user-to-user forums are for people who have specific questions about a product.  But teaching people how to code goes beyond the scope of what we can provide here.  Unlike graphic design which is static and unchanging, the web is constantly changing.  Responsive web design is even more challenging because the site must work well on all devices.  It takes weeks/months/years to learn everything you need to need to know to be good enough to take on clients.  If you're really serious about this,  I think you should enroll in some structured learning courses on LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com).

When you joined Bluehost, they sent you an e-mail with your FTP log-in credentials.  Your first step is to go to Site > New Site and define your local site folder.  In other words, a folder on your computer hard drive where you will keep all your site files.  Example, C:\MyTestSite.  See screenshots below.

Site > New Site -- Local Site FolderSite > New Site -- Local Site Folder

Next click on Servers tab and enter the FTP log-in details and server's Root Directory.  If unsure, contact your host.

Server log-in detailsServer log-in details

Hit the TEST button to see if it connects.  If it doesn't, click the More Options triangle.

More OptionsMore Options

Once connected to server, you may save your site settings and close out the panels.

Open your Files Panel (F8) and select your site folder from the drop-list.

In my example below, the local site folder is named MyTestSite.

Files Panel (F8), Local Site FolderFiles Panel (F8), Local Site Folder

Post back if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree about enrolling on a learning course. There is no need to pay to learn website development, most paid instruction is no better than you can get for free.

Its all out there, the only thing that will hold you back is passion and commitment. Yes it takes time but the excitment and discovery on the way up far outweighs the stagnation when you reach a peak.

Back in the day we used to take a website we liked apart and studied how it worked, went through the html/css  looking for clues as to how the website was built/presented. In time you become familar with repeating patterns. You learn by trial an error as most good developers do. It isnt plain sailing, theres a lot of rehersals even for those with many years under their belts but the love for what you do will get you there, without the love and unpaid hours of dedication youre dead in the water, it wont happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more details on setting up a site and connecting to your remote server, see the online User Guide.  F1 from the DW Help Menu.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20200426_153043.jpgIs it suppose to look like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To grab screenshots from your computer, use your PRINT SCREEN key.   No need to use a camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you send us a link to your website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://vamargilanino1229.com/ does not have any content

/C:/Users/anyam/OneDrive/Desktop/TMPfi0vr9.htm is not a public accessable link 

And this is where this grumpy old man comes into action by saying "cobbler, stick to your last". Get yourself a web developer for the website.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what's super scary about this?  Clients. 

"I have purchased dreamweaver to building my client's websites. I have never used an application software like this before."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only asked for help. If you don't know the answers I won't ask again. You have offened me countless times. You don't even know me. I am a beginner in coding. There is no reason to disrespect me. I don't find any of this funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not Adobe support.  It's a user-to-user forum.  When you get your site uploaded to your server, maybe we can revisit this.   In the meantime, keep studying code and the Dreamweaver User Guide -- F1 from the Help Menu.  

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines