• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot publish my website

Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted my service provider, Network Solutions (NS), and they worked with me. We got the entire thing matched up and ready to go - but it didn't. For some reason the darn thing won't allow me to transfer pages. The entire access is denied. Either from their, NS, end or Dreamweaver's, my, end. It reads "An FTP error occurred - cannot make contact to host. The remote host cannot be found." Everything should work. The woman at NS confirmed that all the information I have is correct but I still get the same error. Help!

TOPICS
Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Thanks to all of you! I finally figured it out! I was missing one digit in the NS address! The number two escaped somehow but I finally got it done!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the free Filezilla Client to connect using the same info your hosting company is giving you. If it works, at least you can get your site updated while troubleshooting continues in DW.

You haven't really given us much to go off of, but I'll make a few suggestions based on things I've had to do in the past...

1. Check to see if it wants your site's IP address instead of "ftp.domain.com" in the Server Address field, or vise versa.
2. Verify you have a Remote Root Directory set
3. Verify your network allows connections via DW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Dreamweaver?

Which protocol does your host require  -- FTP, SFTP, FTP over TLS (implicit) or FTP over TLS (explicit)?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the most current version of Dreamweaver, 20.1. All addresses and information is accurate. That is what I worked on with NS. Dreamweaver is the only independant program they allow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Network Solutions has nothing to say about which software you use.  You can use any FTP client you wish.  But they have total say over which transfer protocol method you can use.  

See link below:

http://www.networksolutions.com/support/how-to-upload-files-using-ftp/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, Nancy, but when I went to try and use it, it was an old format. It didn't have the new format, which was the only one I could get to. So, I'm still stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is an old format?

Dreamweaver has options for FTP, SFTP with or without keypairs or FTP over SSL/TLS connections. We still don't know which protocol you're trying to set-up.

Can you show us a screenshot of your site settings panel -- sans any sensitive information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all of you! I finally figured it out! I was missing one digit in the NS address! The number two escaped somehow but I finally got it done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines