• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I deleted portions of the bootstrap basic navbar, now it's broken.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted portions of the html for the bootstrap basic navbar. I did it wrong. I was following a tutorial. When I tried to get those parts back, the code will show up, but the elements are no longer displayed. How do I get it to behave like it used to? I tried creating a brandnew website, used insert to add the bootstrap navbar, all the code is there, but it is still displaying the way it did when I deleted parts from a previous practice website.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

I fixed it, by uninstalling Dreamweaver and reinstalling. But I'm about to risk causing the problem again, because I really like that edited navbar from the tutorial I was following, so I hope there is a fix that does not involved reinstalling Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it is still displaying the way it did when I deleted parts from a previous practice website.

By @Nicholas Kreifels

What display are you referring to? Design view or Live view?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Live view. I was completely unaware of design view till I read your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it, by uninstalling Dreamweaver and reinstalling. But I'm about to risk causing the problem again, because I really like that edited navbar from the tutorial I was following, so I hope there is a fix that does not involved reinstalling Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what you are changing.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the dropdown and the search form. So that I could just have a few links. It's working now I deleted the correct items that the tutorial said to delete in the correct way, so I got it working. But if I decided to use the bootstrap navbar in a future project, I hope I don't have to uninstall and re-install Dreamweaver to get those parts back again. But I guess all is well at this point. Thank you for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bite off more than you chew. Before changing Bootstrap, understand how basic Bootstrap works first.  Bootstrap is very well documented online.  See links below.  And post back with any specific questions you may have.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

excellent signature... as always 😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines