• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I like to have both the top of the screen showing File Edit and etc with the contents of the standard tool bar right below.

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the go back option enough that I want it to appear with the File Edit line just above?  I am using the new Dreamweaver CC (2017).

Thanks.

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

The standard toolbars have been changed (Common, Document and Standard from the Window > Toolbars menu). Currently none of them can be combined, two are horizontal bars and the last is a vertical and full height only bar.

As for the "go back" option, I'm not sure what you're talking about there. If you mean the tool bar with Undo, you can drag that to the top of the application frame until you see a highlight appear, then release it to get it to lock under the main application menu.

That bar is th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard toolbars have been changed (Common, Document and Standard from the Window > Toolbars menu). Currently none of them can be combined, two are horizontal bars and the last is a vertical and full height only bar.

As for the "go back" option, I'm not sure what you're talking about there. If you mean the tool bar with Undo, you can drag that to the top of the application frame until you see a highlight appear, then release it to get it to lock under the main application menu.

That bar is the Standard bar from Window > Toolbars if it's not turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon,

I should have said, undo instead of go back. I love that choice but it appears I can’t have that icon along with the File Edit, & etc. Hopefully, I am wrong.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Undo is Ctrl+Z on Windows.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't move the icon, no, but the bar itself can be directly under your main application menu...

undo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon,

This inserted image shows two things. The top part is from a link you included in your latest response. Just below the File Edit and etc is what I want because it has an undo icon and a redo icon. Just below this show what I currently have in my configuration. How do I get those two icons.

Thanks.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3 main Toolbars:

Go to Window > Toolbars.

Common (File, Edit, View, etc...)

Document (the one you want)

Standard  (Code > Split > Design/Live view buttons)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

In the previous version of Dreamweaver CC, I had BOTH File, Edit, & etc. and also the Undo and Redo. How can I get that back? I understand what your are saying below but this is NOT giving me what I had and want.

Thanks.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand but that's not how it works now. 

From DW CC 2017, go to Help  > Submit Bug/Feature Requests

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call that a regression.

Thanks.

Don Lowe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This upgrade is a big departure from the old DW in lot of ways.  This is the 1st integration of Brackets code engine so a lot of things are different and IMO not well executed yet.  But I know the team is working on improvements.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is IMO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO = In My Opinion

http://www.internetslang.com/IMO-meaning-definition.asp

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love this version of DW. I had given up on it for awhile. I like the Live reload just awesome and the Code view without any distractions. Preprocessor support is great and about time. I have been using it for a couple months and really love it. I haven't really found anything to major to make me not want to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and the multiple cursors whole line selection coupled with Sass and Emmet and Dw is FINALLY almost caught up to everybody else. what more could you ask for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please close.  Problem resolved.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon Fritz II wrote:

You can't move the icon, no, but the bar itself can be directly under your main application menu...

undo.jpg

This is my setup

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I got what I want.

I have a Dreamweaver suggestion on a different topic but not sure where to document it.

Change this from:

Change to: Dreamweaver used to be like this. Why the change, ONE LESS CLICK. I switch between Design and Live a lot. I hate to click twice when this could be done with one click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to the articles describing changes in CC 2017 - What's New, what's deprecated and changes to Files Panels in this post.

Dreamweaver CC 2017 is here! Read this post for a smooth upgrade

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines