• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import/Export extension not working with DW4

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export my site definitions from Dreamweaver 4.0 so that I can import them into CS4.

I installed the Extension Manager 1.5 and used it to install MX157851_siteImpExp1_0_3.mxp

But I don't get a new menu item File/Export in my DW4 menu, so I cannot use the extension.

Am I missing a step?

TOPICS
Extensions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a while since I used DW4, but have you checked with the information in the extension managers 'description' window, for where the item appears in DW4, also check in other places, like the commands or help menu, as DW installs extensions in alternative places if it cannot use the assigned position.

Also this type of behaviour offten apears in the 'manage sites' window or site definition.

PZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but no luck.  The Extension Manager info says the item should appear under File/Export but there is no Export item in my DW4 File menu.  I looked in all the other menus and it is not there either, nor is it in the Defined Sites dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you receive any errors when installing the extension?

Some extensions specify the new menu items to be specifically relative to some other menu id, and if that menu id cannot be found by the Extension Manager, the new menu items are placed in the Commands menu.

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There were no error message when I installed the extension.  And DW4 has no Commands menu.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines