Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to Install Dreamweaver CC 2021 - installer stuck at 81%

Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am trying to install Dreamweaver CC 2021 October 2020 (version 21.0), when I run the set-up.exe file with administrator rights, it detects automatically the language, I select the default path then I press the blue button to continue and the installer is stucked at the 81%...

This is very frustrating really.

Searching in Google I have read people is experiencing similar problems and they say it is a permission issue that Adobe & Microsoft refuse to fix (in a timely manner), but no idea about what is this exactly.

Some people recommend to run the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, but they do not explain how should I run this tool and what should I do exactly when running it? Should I delete Dreamweaver CC 2021 with the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool or what? and then? reinstall it again? I do not want to delete other Adobe Software like Photoshop, because it is working fine.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2254559-adobe-installer-stuck-for-cc-apps-installing

I would appreciate detailed help about how to fix this disturbing problem.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem not too long ago ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/installer-stuck/m-p/11445118?page=1#M205624 ).  Basically I had to manually go through common files and remove everything related to the installer that I ran into issues with and then re-install.  It ended up being files that the cleaner tool was missing or not removing due to permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, thanks for your reply.

Due I have three Adobe programs working fine Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign, I am a bit scared of deleting things without kwnoing in advance what I am doing.

Please, could you tell me exactly what to do?

Should I download the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and delete Dreamweaver CC 2021? and then should I delete some folders in the common files? but where exactly and what folders should I delete without damaging the other software I have installed and that is running good?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the cleaner tool, but I found it was missing common files.  The Dreamweaver ones are all named as such in Dreamweaver folders so they are easy to spot if you do a search for the folders.  I didn't have to worry about other programs so I just deleted everything Adobe.  They should be in the following folder within your user account: /AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Dreamweaver{version} and /Program Files(x86)/Common Files.  Hard to say exactly what file yours is getting stuck on though as my % was slightly different but the result you are experiencing is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha so you recommend me the following:

1. Download the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and delete/uninstall with the Dreamweaver CC 2021

2. Then, go to (1st path) /AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Dreamweaver{version} (in this case 2021) and delete that folder

3. Then, go to (2nd path) /Program Files(x86)/Common Files and inside delete everything about Dreamweaver CC 2021

Is that right?

Let's go step by step

I don't know very well how to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove Dreamweaver CC 2021 and install it again?

• I don't know very well how to use this tool, I got this menu but not sure about what options should I press

I got the following options:
1. All
2. Adobe Flash Player 10.2
3. CC Apps, Creative Cloud & CS6 Products
4. CC Apps
5. CC 2014 Apps only
6. Creative Cloud only
7. CS6 only
8. CS5-CS5.5-CS6
9. CS5-CS5.5
10. CS3, CS4
11. Adobe Id credentials
12. Fix Host File
13. Quit

• To remove completely Dreamweaver CC 2021 what set of options should I select?

Now let's go with the paths to delete folders...

Inside the 1st path I have two folders (both empty):

C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2021

C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2021 Backups

Should I delete this?

Inside the 2nd path I don't have any folder related to Dreamweaver CC 2021

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files

Here, I don't find anything inside with the name of Dreamweaver CC 2021

I only have 1 folder with the name of Dreamweaver CC 2021 in the following path

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver 2021

Inside I have a lot of files, because this is the install directory (this is the 64 bits version). I tried to delete this folder but even doing so, the installer continue stuck when reinstalling the software.

I really would appreciate a what to do guide, step by step to solve this issue (the installer stuck)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I see at the bottom of this page a lot of threads and complains about the same issue.

I have been reading some of these posts and happened the same to me, in one computer I was able to install Dreamweaver CC 2021 and in different computers I was not able, so this is not a connection issue, this is clearly an issue of the installer and I think Adobe should take action urgently with this, solving the installation issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We apologize for the installation issue you are facing. Thanks for trying few resolution steps. Can you please let us know if you are seeing any installation error code in Creative Cloud Desktop App once Dw installation is failed.

Please click on "Update Failed" button within Creative Cloud Desktop App when Dw installation fails to find the error code and more info on the issue.

Also please see if we can remote connect (details sent in private message) at your convenient time and try to resolve the issue on your machine.

Thanks,
Nayan
Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I sent you a message via email

After running the creative cloud cleaner tool I do not have found any Dreamweaver CC 2021 in my computer, however, I have a folder with a lot of files and Dreamweaver CC 2021

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver 2021

It seems to be the software was half installed but not registered in the system...

Please, let me know what to do next, because the creative cloud cleaner tool cannot remove it from my computer and it always stuck at 81%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See help articles below:

To be thorough, I would unistall EVERYTHING Adobe from the system and start over fresh.

• Restart computer.
  • Install CC Desktop App followed by other CC apps. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines