• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting Records in database Table

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to create a simple form and insert into my remote server. I have completed till establishing database connection and binding. But in special behaviour I am not getting popup for inserting the record. Kindly give me complete steps to inserting record. I am using Dreamweaver 20.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting popup for inserting the record

Unless you are using a third party extension, you will not get a popup in your version of Dreamweaver.

You could join the pre-release program where work has been done (belatedly) on restoring the behaviours panels. Go to https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2

Edit: I was trying to keep my cool by not mentioning the idiotic way that Adobe has treated Dreamweaver. Back in 2012, I was promised by the Dreamweaver engineers that the removal of the behaviours panels were of a temporary nature and that they would be resurrected. More than 8 years later...... Have a look at what Adobe are suggesting you do: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dreamweaver/kb/connect-mysql-database-dreamweaver.html . While there, click on the first two links, namely:

In other words, Adobe are still relying on third parties to enhance the crippled product that they are making millions off.

Take my advice, do what many have now done and seek another IDE. The most prominent in the group is a free of charge https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/

Personally, I have gone for Wappler

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I'm going to say something very unusual for me now, (I'm going to defend the Dw team regarding SB's).

As I said to the Dw PM at the time, replacing the old outdated SB's before everyone had stopped using them, would have caused a lot of confussion, bad and incompatable coding, and made the extensions available for DB's unusable, (e.g. Shopping carts). It would I thought be better if at least 4-5 years passed before any replacement was implemented.

I did not expect 8 years to pass, but then again, given the number of people still trying to use the old SB's, I'm starting to think that maybe 8 years was not enough time between removal of the old SBs and the new implementation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats easily solved. Confine the SBs to a previous version. Anyone wanting to use old workflows could remain on that version, whilst those that wanted to move ahead could move to the nice shiny new version with the modern SBs. There has been very little to upgrade for in many a year but SBs were always DWs flagship inclusion, somehow, sometime and somewhere, someone at Adobe obviously thought static websites were going to make a come back. I bet that person is no longer an employee. There was and has been a lot of dead wood at DW Adobe over the years, too ignorant to take some advice from those of us that DID use DW for many years, its still happening, hence why DW is dead in the water. Its actually a very poor product given the credibility of Adobe and the high standards expected by users of their usually market-leading products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thats easily solved. Confine the SBs to a previous version. Anyone wanting to use old workflows could remain on that version, whilst those that wanted to move ahead could move to the nice shiny new version with the modern SBs"

You're obviously not a Creative Cloud member or you wouldn't suggest that.  

For a lot of complicated licensing & security reasons, Adobe wants everyone on the latest release versions.

Adobe's current version policy provides access to the latest release + one previous version.  That's it.

Rare exceptions are made for Team/Enterprise users who may specially request an older CC version through their IT dept admin. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How Adobe works is their problem, not the users. Each version should be usable by the purchaser until they otherwise see fit to upgrade. The SBs could have been left behind in CS6, not hidden in subsequent versions but still available to resurrect. Those wishing to use the outdated SBs would have no option but to stick with what they currently used, leaving the way clear for future versions to introduce uptodate SB options. Not sure why Adobes internal policies should reflect badly on its users by depriving them of modern workflows. If thats the case its a flawed business model as more jump ship and find alternative products. Its obvious they dont care about a leaking ship. I think we have already established DW is no more than a 'free' giveaway with a full CC subscription and little money is being invested in it to bring it up to the standards expected of todays web-development products.

Im sure Adobe does want everyone on its latest releases but that's all about revenue not what is good for the purchaser. They are hardly offering anything unique or attractive to warrant upgrading but as you get FREE versions its not something that troubles you I guess, its just a bonus that you dont have to pay for infrequent and mostly empty offerings.

Have you seen what they are doing over at Wappler? Not that I can endorse the product, for personal reasons, but I cant deny they are providing those, that gravitate towards a no coding environment, all the tools they could wish for, plus some and its updated every single week without failure with cutting edge workflows, not once every 18 months like DW. Dont you think you should be asking questions as to why Adobe policies of updates are really light years behind the curve, its a mickey mouse product compared to other products out there.

Jet Brains has just this week rushed out support for Deno.js because their users were crying out for it and more or less stated 'get it done' or we will jump ship and go over to VS code. Anyone who is anyone in these forums have been crying out for better support and options in DW for years, but it falls on deaf ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thats easily solved. Confine the SBs to a previous version. Anyone wanting to use old workflows could remain on that version, whilst those that wanted to move ahead could move to the nice shiny new version with the modern SBs. "

Not always practical ... Some clients won't pay for it, either they won't or just don't have the budget  and they'll sit on an old buld for several years longer than they sbhould - A larger web application converted from MySQL to MySQLi takes time,  ideally you just completely rebuild from the ground up, but you can't do it for free....

The correct thing to do is advise and point people to correct the way to keep up to date, you can't give uiltimatums and pull the rug from under people's feet, we live in the real world and it's not perfect.

Going back to the pont I already made if Adobe had developed PHAKT, the swith from MySQL to MySQLi extenion would have been the simplest thing that could have been done by non coders.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with the PHAKT extension was that even the developers of it said it was not secure enough for all the regulations that became legal requierments. ODBC was also a problem, in that many server providers regarded it as a serious security concern than hackers could exploit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Date of article, quote from which member of the interakt team and link please? While Interakt were active or years after the extenion ceased development?  You need to back up big claims before you mislead people about soemthing that was said15 years ago or whenever it was about an out of date extension that hadn't seen any development.

PHP ADODB was at the core of PHAKT and after a lul, it is still in active development... You're saying PHP ADODB it's not fit for purpose and people should not be using it under any circumstances? I think you should forward your concerns to official PHP ADODB page with details/specifics.

I can pick out many examples of  security vulnerabilites, PDO had issues in the past, most popular 'off the shelf' web applications and CMS packages all release patches at one time or another for bugs from mild to severe.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no intension of trawling through articles 10 years old.

Also, as you may know interakt, (the developers of PHAKT) was aquired by Adobe over 10 years ago, so who are the developers that you mention, who are still developing the products?

The only place I can find to download the extension is from dmxzone -

dmxzone page for phakt 

As you may also remember, there was a sub-dreamweaver forum for the extensions, (which apears to have gone with the forum update). But as the dmxzone page mentions, the extension was for Dw MX/2004. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont get this 'some clients wont pay for it'. That's like suggesting you only have 1 client as a professional developer. If youre a professional developer and cant afford 500 quid a year for good software, with modern workflow options, then perhaps you should be doing something else as a career. If a client cant pay for it they are hardly likely to be worried about if their website uses 1960s workflows, so their is nothing to pay for - they dont have to upgrade their current website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe had a solution right under their noses: PHAKT ... they could have dropped support for MySQL and people cold have seamlessly switched to the MySQLi extension ....  supports a lot of different database types too which is handy for scalability..... I think the idea was to take over the workd with Adobe Experience Manager ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said to the Dw PM at the time, replacing the old outdated SB's before everyone had stopped using them, would have caused a lot of confussion, bad and incompatable coding, and made the extensions available for DB's unusable, (e.g. Shopping carts). It would I thought be better if at least 4-5 years passed before any replacement was implemented.

I may be old; but not yet senile. I distinctly remember using a PDO extension 10 years ago that was created by a certain Paula Ziecina (is that you?). The extension ran alongside the existing SB's.

Where there is a will there is a way and Adobe has not had the will until it was too late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutley correct, both Webassist and dmxZone have SB options which co-exist with the DW server behaviours so why could Adobe not have provided an alternative option years ago, there was no appetite for it. Much easier to let a 3rd party company provide it at extra cost to their users and give no discount for  a product which costs the a same, with less top-level features. That's what's really killing. Had DW never featured SBs, which unquestionably was its flag ship feature, we would'nt even be discussing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the only way to get these extensions is to go through the Adobe store where they collect from selling the extensions made by others. This was the reason why they dropped the Extension Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's just morally corrupt and sickening in my opinion  - still what goes round comes around, they have been left with a product on life support and its not getting any better, best pull that plug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ben,

I remember that pdo extension, (and some of the problems I had writing it). The main problem I found was that there was no documentation for the Dw SB's, and even the developers for Dw could not find any, (lost durring the take-over by Adobe!).

One of the reasons I stopped development, was that pdo could be written in a number of ways, and at the time I talked with Silas, and Scott (remember them, hope they are doing well) about using pdo, they agreed with me, that untill 'the best way' was clear, caution was advised. At the time though many did not realise how fast php 5.x would become obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I am going to try to help you in this topic. As it is my first time please be pacient. I have some doubts about your problem. What server have you installed apache, coldfusion, IIS? 

May I assume that you have connected correctly to the server?

Are you trying to insert record on a database or offline local page storage?

Tour page isn´t going to work if you didn´t stablish correctly the databse connection. If that is your problem (the connection with your database) I recomend that you use the database behavior extention for dreamweaver for mosts types of servers. After connecting to the database For fourther help I will need to know what kind of server, asp.net, PHP, etc. you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines