• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IS Dreamweaver being discontinued?

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the home page for Creative Cloud and I could not find Dreamweaver anywhere...  I had to dig deep to find it and I'm wondering if Adobe is about to abandon another of it's Macromedia purchases??  

Don't want to pay for a year of something that is EOL. 

Also I notice that the CC installer is not updated for MacOS Catalina and will not work in it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

The official word is DW is in active production with no plan to end the program. Adobe has a "roadmap blog" where they've posted their plan, albeit a bit lackluster, for DW's future. Unfortunately, most "new" features recently, (and those that are planned in the near-term) have been re-introductions of features lost when the code view switched to Brackets, along with a batch of dubious Live View Editor updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The official word is DW is in active production with no plan to end the program. Adobe has a "roadmap blog" where they've posted their plan, albeit a bit lackluster, for DW's future. Unfortunately, most "new" features recently, (and those that are planned in the near-term) have been re-introductions of features lost when the code view switched to Brackets, along with a batch of dubious Live View Editor updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the beta test team for a long while. Thought DW got treated like the red headed step child. The developers didn't listen to most of our suggestions. Not surprised the roadmap is weak. The only reason I am considering getting a sub is because of third party addons from PVII and others. I thought they screwed the pooch when the dropped php/mysql compatibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I could not find Dreamweaver"

I don't know why you couldn't find it.  A Google search for Dreamweaver reveals this as the topmost search result.

https://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not on this page: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html or this page; https://www.adobe.com/index2.html both of which are main entraces to Adobe and advertises Creative Cloud but yes, if you do a search you can find it, but it isn't even listed in the products when you select products from these pages including this one:https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html?promoid=ZP46FD38&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud  includes about 31 products and services.  If you sort by Web & UX, you'll see it.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

clipboard_image_0.png

DW never dropped support for PHP & MySQL.  I use those technologies all the time.  But Adobe removed the deprecated server behaviors for which there are commercial replacements at WebAssist and DMX Zone.   Or you could build your web app with Wappler. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a long time since Dreamweaver has been updated with interesting features.
WebFlow is a modern and interesting alternative.
Adobe is focused on its graphics applications, trying to battle against Figma and Affinity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to say:

Adobe does not update Dreamweaver with interesting features, if you check the latest news they only fix bugs.

WebFlow is a modern and interesting alternative. Adobe is focused on its graphics applications, trying to battle against Figma and Affinity.

Excuse me, I'm translated by a robot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reminds me of another program

BenPleysier_0-1671709264918.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, i didn't know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to say:

Adobe does not update Dreamweaver with interesting features, if you check the latest news they only fix bugs.

WebFlow is a modern and interesting alternative. Adobe is focused on its graphics applications, trying to battle against Figma and Affinity.

Excuse me, I'm translated by a robot.

By @oscarlosan

It is true they are just about fixing bugs now.  DW has not had a major feature release in quite some time.

Also, Adobe doesn't battle against Figma. Adobe owns Figma: https://news.adobe.com/news/news-details/2022/Adobe-to-Acquire-Figma/default.aspx .

And I wouldn't go as far to say Webflow is a modern alternative. I would align it more with Squarespace and Wix and the no-/limited-code development because you can't take their pages and host them elsewhere.  The other end of the spectrum are advanced code editors without trying to be WYSIWYG whose audience may focus on enterprise development on headless CMS platforms like Contentful, Strapi, Agility, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It is only getting critical updates, i.e. for OS compatibility and security. No new features, so you could say it is the beginning of the end....

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a collaboration. Also I can't subscribe from adobe/products:
figma.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't subscribe from adobe/products:
By @oscarlosan

==========

Of course you can't and this is irrelevant.

Figma is not a coding tool or a Creative Cloud product.  Neither are Substance 3D or Adobe Express.  We don't know what plans Adobe has for newly acquired products.  They don't communicate that to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not true what you say. Adobe has NOT purchased Figma. Where is the Adobe logo on the Figma website. It is quite relevant. A lot XD but Figma blows it up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@oscarlosan,

This is the Dreamweaver product community which has nothing to do with other design tools. 

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Use Adobe tools or not.  That's your choice to make. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It is not true what you say. Adobe has NOT purchased Figma. Where is the Adobe logo on the Figma website. It is quite relevant. A lot XD but Figma blows it up. 

By @oscarlosan

If your burden of proof is that a logo must be on a website for a company to be owned by another company I think you should look up some of your favorite brands and look at all the parent companies that sit atop many of your favorite brands,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pinegrow creates code and WordPress Themes in a visual interface that's more in line with Dreamweaver's Live view. But it can't replace everything Dreamweaver can do.

I still use Dreamweaver alongside other tools. No point in throwing baby out with the bathwater just for the sake of change.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Dreamweaver cannot replace Visual Studio Code. It is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines