• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to convert psd to html through dreamweaver

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new in websites and i want to know if is there any way to create themes for wordpres or convert psd to html with adobe dreamweaver?

i have this website but i would like to create a new one.

lajme

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

No.

Yes.

.PSD files are Photoshop files that may contain layers. When I am working with a designer, I ask for a layered .PSD file and use that to create the various sections of a website and to either match the colors in the Photoshop file with backgrounds or to use the Photoshop design to let me know how wide things should be, how many pixels high text or other elements should be and so on.

But there is no "conversion tool" that will make a complete website based on modern HTML and CSS standards o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Yes.

.PSD files are Photoshop files that may contain layers. When I am working with a designer, I ask for a layered .PSD file and use that to create the various sections of a website and to either match the colors in the Photoshop file with backgrounds or to use the Photoshop design to let me know how wide things should be, how many pixels high text or other elements should be and so on.

But there is no "conversion tool" that will make a complete website based on modern HTML and CSS standards out of a photoshop document. That all has to be done in Dreamweaver by someone who knows how to write code to make a website.

I do not work with WordPress, but I do know that one can use Dreamweaver to create a complete WordPress theme for a website. I suppose in the next few years I'll learn how to do that, but, for right now, I'm concentrating on php and JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When I am working with a designer, I ask for a layered .PSD file and use that to create the various sections of a website and to either match the colors in the Photoshop file with backgrounds or to use the Photoshop design to let me know how wide things should be, how many pixels high text or other elements should be and so on."

@mhollis55

Do you use photoshop to make your "background" images for <div>s, buttons, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, but lately I have been making CSS3 buttons.

The code is available on my style sheet. The HTML is pretty obvious. And it's machine readable. Nobody needs to do an alt tag or anything.

These are in black and white, but the first ones were a nice blue color. Didn't work with the website.

But lots of people are still making buttons using Photoshop and Fireworks. Heck, you can use Illustrator, too. A designer gives me a button, I'm happy to use it, especially if I can't do it in the amount of time I have in CSS3.

And, of course, the downside of CSS3 is that older browsers don't show it nicely, so you need to make sure it degrades nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all the folks using mobile devices on the web now, the web trend has shifted significantly from heavy use of graphics to the power of CSS3 rgba, linear-gradients, border-radius, box- / text-shadows, transitions,  and SVG graphics.  

CSS3 Generator

http://css3generator.com/

Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator

http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/

The upshot to all this is faster page loads with less bandwidth.  Of course, you must build to your target audience.  If that includes older, inferior browsers like IE8, then images might be a better choice for you.

PSD to WordPress?  I'm not aware of any software that can do this for you.  It requires good coding skills and experience with WordPress Theme Development.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Dreamweaver you can create web-pages but if we look at technical aspect's I guess dreamweaver doesn't support or help in to convert PSD image files to a HTML. However you can easily import PSD files into Dreamweaver and then save the page as an HTML.

You need to get it hand-coded or else you can avail services from professional coder which can provide you with your PSD to HMTL conversion or even your PSD's designs converted to Wordpress. Although there's many such service provider available, but I highly recommend  { link removed by moderator } , they can be your one-stop provider with all coding needs.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However you can easily import PSD files into Dreamweaver and then save the page as an HTML.

This is completely incorrect - there is no facility for DW to "import" a PSD file.

I'm removing the link from your post until we see better evidence of your sincerity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MurraySummers wrote:

However you can easily import PSD files into Dreamweaver and then save the page as an HTML.

"This is completely incorrect - there is no facility for DW to "import" a PSD file."

May be I am in-correct, I am not expert like you with Dreamweaver, I am in a learning stage. Actually I read at this forum (http://dreamweaver.wonderhowto.com/how-to/import-your-psd-layouts-into-dreamweaver-143040/)  which said that you can import PSD to DW.

I would be glad if you can share your knowledge and provide with rock solid correct information, so that I can also be sure about this in future.

Thanks

PS: You can remove link, I added it just for your review and to let you aware with reference from where I got the information.

Message was edited by: afzee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is not "importing" your PSD into DW. That's about how to a) slice your Photoshop file into separate pieces, b) how to export those slices into a hopelessly antique, table-based, unsuitable for the web layout, and c) how to bring those sliced, antique pages into a DW site.  That's a real waste of time (note that the tutorial was published 5 years ago, and even at that time it was a technique that was unsuitable for the web).

Both PS and FW have the ability to do this, but the resulting pages are ONLY useful for a tightly controlled client demonstration (i.e., a prototype of a web site), and definitely not a real website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the understanding that it is more about "import" but as you explained it is entirely a different technique in a environment which won't support to go with such process. Thanks for shredding more light on this subject...much appreciated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to run, run away from this kind of approach to building anything for the web. It's counterproductive and will cost you time and money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I would hesitate to show a client a sliced-up Photoshop prototype.

I work with designers and will talk them through stuff that simply cannot be done on a website. I'm a big fan of doing pages that use web type as opposed to a Photoshop or Fireworks-created image file instead of type. I had one designer go how wild with type on a prototype and my client kept asking why the fonts were different!

As a result, any work with that designer goes thorugh me first before a client gets a look and it's another round of prototyping with that designer, usually.

I still ask him, Really? "Ovation"? for the footer? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had one designer go hog wild with type on a prototype and my client kept asking why the fonts were different!

I hear ya!  Print & graphic designers are a tough lot to work with. 

I prefer doing mock-ups in HTML & CSS.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I hear ya!  Print & graphic designers are a tough lot to work with."

Oi I resent that! But for the most part true .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Murry, is there a way slicing images and importing them using CSS instead of tables?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2013 Mar 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if there were, your very best approach is to use the graphics applications to just make graphics, and build your page in DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is totally possible to create themes for wordpres or convert psd to html with adobe dreamweaver if you get the help from professional web developers. Psdtosite is such prestigious company. They offer many services such as convert psd to html, convert psd to wordpress theme and convert psd to email template with high quality at affordable cost. You can visit their website to find more information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can create themes for wordpres or convert psd to html with adobe dreamweaver. But getting a professional help will be better if you want quick turnaround. We are psdcutups (http://www.psdcutups.com/ ) and we deliver pixel-perfect work as quickly and affordably as possible. We have years of experience in psd to html conversion and we create wordpress themes with a high level of quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some plugins and softwares out there now that can help with that. I use them for my mockups in Photoshop although I still prefer coding from scratch to keep code clean. You can always give Webbsy.com or SiteGrinder.com a try. I've only tried Webbsy and they seem quite good for the quick mockups. SiteGrinder seem to have more options but also seem like need to invest a bit more time - that's on my list of to trys though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've converted PSDs with converxy.com and imported them into dreamweaver without issue. Their stuff works in all browsers and if you just need the layout, you can get away with just generating the preview. It's only if you need to convert the text and images that they charge for. But a lot of the times, all I need is a quick template. Note: pay attention to the warnings generated by your PSD. They'll tell you how to modify the PSD to get a good result. For a full PSD, it usually takes me about 5 minutes to make changes to the PSD.

Although, writing them from scratch is a good way to learn too. So, I think you should try that too.

Hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a quick tutorial for converting PSd to HTML. "Create a CSS layout in Dreamweaver from a PSD design". This will helpful if you are technically good

Hope helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project Parfait is a new experiment from Adobe that’s currently online and free to try out and use.

It allows easy PSD comps-to code workflows. Try it out..

Project Parfait (Beta) - PSD CSS Extraction, Measurements and Image Optimization Service for the Web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the below link to convert psd to html with dreamweaver and photoshop too.

PSD To HTML With Photoshop And Dreamweaver Training Video, Online Tutorial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamviewer is use for coding for the same psd file that's why people called psd to html design. Actually first I tell you what is PSD file. PSD file is a dummy look of your website and this is a part of web designing that is create in Photoshop(Briefing of website). these dummy look forward to web designer and developer to convert psd file into html file via HTML coding for the same psd file. Actually this give a Idea that The website actually looks like that psd file after coding. It means there is no tool or software who convert psd file into html file directly.It can only possible by hand written code. Once your coding done you can save it to as a theme or template. But this is not effective. if you use some extra techniques like CSS,JQuery.Bootstrap then you can create Responsive html design. As you say already that you are new so you must be known and learn all the techniques to become a great web designer and developer. some point I mention like media query,grid view, view port, image slicing,browsing compatibility,bootstrap.

(Business contact removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arg I keep getting these Junk/Spam Replies to this post. Would people stop posting f*ing adverts! Please anyone reading this DO NOT use the services advertised above as they will not do you any good. If you don't know HTML and get someone else to cop something up then you will probs be left with a POS template that is near unusable in its current form.

Either use a CMS like Wordpress and download/modify a theme for it or learn HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines