Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript Error when stating Dreamweaver cs6

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When starting dreamweaver cs6 I get the following:

"JavaScript error(s) occured: Unable to open script file c:\program files(x86)\adode\adobe dreamweavercs6\configuration\floaters\AC_OETags.js (error 2)."

See attached photo.

There is no such file located in the floaters directory when I checked for it.  Continuing to Press enter 4 or 5 times cycles through the same error message then starts dreamweaver.  All site manager info was missing for several websites and I had to go to site manager and set all sites up again.  Question is: Has anyone seen this error before and what maybe causing it?  

[Edited by moderator]

TOPICS
Code , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

This was a fairly common occurrence in legacy Creative Suite versions of DW.  But I haven't seen much mention of it since Creative Cloud came out.   Sometimes hidden files become corrupted.  Below is the whole enchilada on JavaScript errors and what you can do about them.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a fairly common occurrence in legacy Creative Suite versions of DW.  But I haven't seen much mention of it since Creative Cloud came out.   Sometimes hidden files become corrupted.  Below is the whole enchilada on JavaScript errors and what you can do about them.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy! I looked at your suggested material and followed serveral of the steps and then deleted the config folder and the problem seems to have now been resolved. Again, I thank you very very much.

greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You're welcome. Glad you're up & running again.
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines