• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting "Link Not Found" Message

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove the links to some titles of stories on my website, "On Being Real" and "Deep Waters" that are located to the right of a thumbnail at the bottom of my web page. When you click on the words of the story you get a "Link not found" error message. I want to lose the link so that I lose this error message:

Suzette Boulais: Touch of Inspiration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

You will need to go to code view and on

1. line 103 remove the crossed out parts

<td><p><a href="Thoughts That Soar Pages/_notes/REAL link">&quot;On Being Real&quot;</a><br>

2, line 113 remove the crossed out parts

<td width="182"><div align="center"><strong><a href="Deep Waters.pdf">&quot;Deep Waters</a></strong><a href="Deep Waters.pdf">&quot;</a></div></td>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to go to code view and on

1. line 103 remove the crossed out parts

<td><p><a href="Thoughts That Soar Pages/_notes/REAL link">&quot;On Being Real&quot;</a><br>

2, line 113 remove the crossed out parts

<td width="182"><div align="center"><strong><a href="Deep Waters.pdf">&quot;Deep Waters</a></strong><a href="Deep Waters.pdf">&quot;</a></div></td>

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben,

I am not seeing in code this link:

Thoughts That Soar Pages/_notes/REAL link"

I am seeing:

<td>&quot;On Being Real&quot;</tr>

No matter what I do - or when I delete the phase, "On Being Real" and start over, I keep getting a link to a page on the actual site that still says Error - Link not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I somehow fixed the problem, Ben, by following one of the story titles that didn't have a link error.

The fix looks something like this:

<td> title, etc  then concluded with ;</td>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go through your entire web site and fix your code errors.  Among other things, you're using an HTML4 doc type with HTML5 tags.   You need to change your doc type to HTML5 if if you want to use HTML5 code.

[Invalid] Markup Validation of https://www.suzetteboulais.com/Thoughts%20That%20Soar.htm - W3C Marku...

See HTML5 Introduction

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my, Nancy.

Not having built this site and doing what I can to make minor modifications when need be, I do not have the slightest idea about how to go through the entire site and fix code errors. The fact that I'm using HTML4 doc with HTML5 tags is Greek to me. I wonder if all this came about when an Adobe Suite did some major updates to some of my programs, Dreamweaver being one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suzetteb58689955  wrote

I wonder if all this came about when an Adobe Suite did some major updates to some of my programs, Dreamweaver being one.

Don't blame the software.  It's an old doc type that needs to be updated and the code errors were probably introduced over time by adding & deleting stuff in Design view only.  It's always best to use Split View so you can see the actual code you're working with. 

The latest Dreamweaver CC has excellent code hinting, error detection & code validation to help you. 

Image ALT attributes are no big deal and can be added easily from the HTML Properties panel.  See screenshot.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for this information, Nancy.

Looks like I've got a little Dreamweaver homework I can do.

Am very grateful for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines