• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[locked] Accordion help

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use a collapsible accordion for a webpage I maintain for an athletics program that I coach. However, I don't have a lot of experience with CSS or bootstrap. I can't seem to get the accordion to collapse, instead only getting what seems to equate to a basic table. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Here is the documentation for the jQuery accordion widget:

https://api.jqueryui.com/accordion/

If you wish or need to continue using these types of widgets you should familiarize yourself with how they work and how they can be configured. This shouldn't be a difficult task. If it is, you might want to seriously consider hiring a web developer or using high quality extensions that provide a visual UI inside Dreamweaver.

At this point, and in my opinion, the worst kind of help you can get is to have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the documentation for the jQuery accordion widget:

https://api.jqueryui.com/accordion/

If you wish or need to continue using these types of widgets you should familiarize yourself with how they work and how they can be configured. This shouldn't be a difficult task. If it is, you might want to seriously consider hiring a web developer or using high quality extensions that provide a visual UI inside Dreamweaver.

At this point, and in my opinion, the worst kind of help you can get is to have someone provide a "copy this code and paste it there" kind of fix. That would be like giving you a fish instead of teaching you to fish for yourself.

By the way, the float drop in your other page might be fixable by adding this rule to your CSS:

* {box-sizing: border-box;}

If not, you have a mathematical error or a fixed-width element that is wider than your column. Should be easy to spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for being helpful. The copy and paste method is what frustrated me so much - couldn't see how that actually would lead me to solving my specific errors.

In terms of the float drop, where would I insert that rule? Is there a specific spot? I am going to look at it in the morning and see if that works.

ALsp​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm signing off for the night, so do post back in the morning and we can go from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richchiamulera  wrote

I'm trying to use a collapsible accordion for a webpage I maintain for an athletics program that I coach. However, I don't have a lot of experience with CSS or bootstrap. I can't seem to get the accordion to collapse, instead only getting what seems to equate to a basic table. Please help!

I think that this opening question is very misleading. It gives the impression that you are using Bootstrap when in reality you are not.

When Nancy OShea​ asked you which version of Bootstrap you were using, in an effort to help you. your reply was

How does that answer my question? I am just asking which div code should I add that collapse tag that you gave me? Or if I need to create a new one.

This seemed to me to be quite aggressive. First providing us with misinformation, then attacking someone who has asked for more information.

I will not repeat your rant regarding an esteemed contributor to this forum; all I will say is that apologies would not go astray.

This is a user2user forum and we try to help everybody giving our time, experience and knowledge free of charge. The ACP badge is an Adobe token and in no way implies an affiliation, financial or otherwise, to Adobe.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok if I knew a way to close this for no more comments I would. So let me say this:

I understand people's desire to protect your own (whichever side of the issue you fall on) but this whole thing is done. I got information that I requested and am done. Everyone continuing to attack everyone else just continues to put bad tastes in people's mouths. So STOP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your wish is my command sir. This post has now been locked.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines