• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Full screen slide using Carousel.

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. I'm looking to do a Carousel page on my website. I want to be able have the pictures cover the entire page, similar to when you add a image to the background of your website. Is this possible? And if so, what do I need to do, to make this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very easy to use a widget or extension then copy the code. But what you get sometimes is stuff that the widget or extension needs to operate a UI or an entire application. It shows in your code William.

And there is no need whatsoever to get ugly here. You are showing your true nature. Again. Osgood might be old, but he is clearly a better a coder. My company might be small, but it has provided a nice life for my partner and me for the past 22 years, and continues. We're happy. How about you? You don't sound happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am not happy seeing the same 5 things you write in every topic desperately trying to get a few new users as yours are already even not as much as 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William,

Osgood has the original poster covered. In a contingency, If he does not feel comfortable coding, I have offered him a free extension. So, it would appear that you are now hijacking the thread. Your purpose is not, however, to sell anything, it is simply to attack. And you are quite good at that. We don't get any business from this forum, my purpose here is to try, in my own way, to save Dreamweaver. But I'm not going to get into my reasons here. My advice to you is to do what I really think you want to do, but perhaps do not have the courage to do and that is to attack me... and that is to create your own topic. For brevity's sake, make the topic "Attacking Al Sparber" or "Down with Al" or something similar. This way you can make your case and do it out in the open without distraction. I think that's what you really want, anyway, and who am I to deny you your happiness?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already explained what I want. For the last time:

PLEASE STOP hijacking topics trying to advertise your great products.

Is it clear now? (Not expecting an answer)

This is my last post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

williamj31276244  wrote

This is my last post here.

Thank goodness for that.........senseless dribble!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread needs to be monitored. It's sad that this turned into debate and got away from the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacys7  wrote

This thread needs to be monitored. It's sad that this turned into debate and got away from the topic.

Unfortunately that happens a lot on account a few of us have some 'back history' and can't agree on best workflows so tensions rise and then everything deteriorates rapidly. This is an open forum and as DW doesnt really offer a centric coding workflow everything is open to opinion and debate.

If you dont want any debates or varying opinions/options you need to go to a Bootstrap or other such forum were only those forum contributors use such workflows.............everyones happy or ignorant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  wrote

If you dont want any debates or varying opinions/options you need to go to a Bootstrap or other such forum were only those forum contributors use such workflows.............everyones happy or ignorant

First my apologies for replying to an off-topic post.

The problem is Os, this is the Dw forum and as far as I can see Dw only supports one workflow, (bootstrap). I have even asked for other workflows to be supported in the comments section of the Dw roadmap, but I will not hold my breath for a positive reply.

To the OP.

We have tried to limit threads being hi-jacked with off-topic posts, but to date experiences say it will not always happen.  The main problem is that many of us remember a time before frameworks, when trying to teach a poster to do what they ask for help with, involved posting code, with each of us having different opinions on the best, (no necessarily the easiest) method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

The problem is Os, this is the Dw forum and as far as I can see Dw only supports one workflow, (bootstrap). I have even asked for other workflows to be supported in the comments section of the Dw roadmap, but I will not hold my breath for a positive reply.

It was never always that way until about 3/4 years ago so even though I get what you are saying I'm intentionally ignoring it I think this OP said they should learn how to code, or was that another thread, so anyone expressing a desire to understand what they are doing is going in the right direction in my opinion. Only too glad to jump in and help them along a bit, if I can. It's no use me answering any specific DW related questons as I know s-o-d all about it these days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I look at it CC subscribers can quite legitimately install Dw CS6, so it must be a valid version to use. So unless someone specificaly says they want to use bootstrap, all web techs in modern use are valid replys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't osgood give you what you need?  Change the placeholder images to your own.   You can do this in code view or from the Properties Panel (Ctrl F3).

When you're editing code, be sure to run validation checks to keep errors to a minimum.  A green checkmark in a circle denotes error free code.  A red X in a circle is trouble.

To validate code, go to  Window > Results > Validation.

Click on the triangle.

CC-validate-doc.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes he did. I took care of that like several hours ago. My response at this point is people staying the damn topic. This shit doesn't make any sense. It's like watching a bunch of grown kids, bicker. If people have good ideas or another direction, I'm open to it, even with the help already given. A lot of fragile egos up in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed.

I'm going to lock it up. If you all want to create a "let's debate this again" post in the main DW forum, have at it. The OP seems clear that this has gone off the rails. PM me if you have a good reason to unlock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the noise, but as Osgood said, this forum is not really an official support forum. It is manned by volunteers and not all are fans of Bootstrap or jQuery or Extensions. So, sometimes you need to filter out the noise a bit. I think Osgood has you covered with the best, and most efficient,  coded solution. If that fails, let me know and I'll gift you an extension to get the job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines