• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAMP PRO PHP Extension mcrypt problem

Enthusiast ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I know this might not really be the place for this question, but I am getting nowhere fast and this forum often comes up trumps. I'm running MAMP PRO 4.4 with PHP7.1.13 and Apache on Mac OSX El Capitan.

I've been asked to set up a magento 2 store and during the setup process, magento runs a 'Readiness Check' and it's telling me that I don't have the mcrpyt extension installed... but I think I do because the php.ini file has extension=mcrypt.so without the ; infront of it. The mcrypt.so file is present in the php sub-directory and phpinfo() shows the configure command '--with-mcrypt=shared', but the 'Configuration' displaying all that is installed does not show content for mcrypt.

Has anybody found a way to get mcrypt installed within a version of PHP that works in MAMP PRO?

I've tried downloading other versions of PHP from php.net, but the file structure is so different, that it isn't recognised by MAMP PRO as far as I am able to do.

If you do have mycrypt running in MAMP PRO with a version of 7.1.XX, could you let me know please, and possibly what I need to do to get mine working?

I have asked in other places, but no joy yet!

Many thanks.

Mat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

you're right... the solution... (well temporary one) is to downgrade to a lower PHP build of run with  GitHub - defuse/php-encryption: Simple Encryption in PHP.  ,or  RNCryptor · GitHub  or OpenSSL

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I type 'localhost' in the address bar of the browser, I get the following info

I am not sure if Mamp works in the same manner. I have been told that Mamp is the Mac version of Wamp.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mcrypt has been abandon ware for almost 10 years, so it maybe that a 'pro' version of mamp/wamp will no longer allow its use -

http://php.net/manual/en/migration71.deprecated.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the version of PHP that is shown in my screen shot. How embarrassing.   I updated Wamp about two months ago. Must look into it.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a 'heads up', mcrypt has been completely removed from php 7.2. So anyone relying on it should start looking at updating whatever they are using it for, and no longer use it for new sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're right... the solution... (well temporary one) is to downgrade to a lower PHP build of run with  GitHub - defuse/php-encryption: Simple Encryption in PHP.  ,or  RNCryptor · GitHub  or OpenSSL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or one could use the Sodium library as recommended by php -

http://php.net/manual/en/book.sodium.php

The problem with any of the mcrypt solutions is that like the old mysql extension users will eventually have to replace its use, or risk the problem of having their site moved to a legacy server for security reasons.

We also have this problem with classic asp, where many users refuse to update to asp.net, and constantly hope they will retire before Microsoft drops all server support in 2026.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes you right, there is a nice paper there https://paragonie.com/book/pecl-libsodium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines