MM_XSLTransform error on upgrade of PHP to 7.4

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am upgrading to PHP 7.4 and found the following MM_XSLTransform error:

<<<

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MM_XSLTransform has a deprecated constructor in /pathto/MM_XSLTransform.class.php on line 7

>>>

The version of the MM_XSLTransform class I have is 0.6.4.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

all the best
Dave

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the domxml is the same for 7.4 as the one used by 5.
make a backup of the file MM_XSLTransform.class.php (C:\Program Files\Adobe\YOUR DREAM VERSION\configuration\Shared\XSLTransform\PHP_MySQL) and add between the line 73 and 74 this fragment

if (substr(PHP_VERSION, 0, 1) == '7') {
	if ( in_array('dom', $extensions) && in_array('xsl', $extensions) && class_exists('DOMDocument') && class_exists('XSLTProcessor') ) {
		$this->processor = 'domxml5';
		return;
	}
}

if it works, watch... if it doesn't work, remove the lines of code. and come back to this forum... maybe a colleague will have a solution to propose you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youps, I reread the path and the forum editor kill all the slash... so the path should be

C:\Program Files\Adobe\YOUR DREAM VERSION\configuration\Shared\XSLTransform\PHP_MySQL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE:  This is NOT  the pre-release forum.  If this code is generated by a pre-release version of DW,  we cannot discuss it here, sorry.   Pre-release issues don't belong in the public forum.

Please post your pre-release bug reports in the pre-release forum where they will be logged and directed to the appropriate product team members for action or follow-up questions if needed.

Thank you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope Nancy, I don't think that it is a prerelease bug, it is something that belong to DW since many years?... 🙂

that's only because the only build that I use is the Next one (which is public, any one who has a Creative Cloud account can access to it). and the MM_XSLTransform.class.php is a Macromedian file present in DW since DW handles XSLT. isn't it ???

the bug appears whit the end of PHP 5.6 and that people has to move to 7+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@B i r n o u,

NEXT = pre-release version.  Any DW user with an Adobe ID may try it, yes.  But we still cannot discuss it in the public forum because it's pre-release.

@smithd7tcd,

DO NOT use old MM server-behaviors code on PHP 7 servers.  None of it works.  It must all be replaced with modern PHP / MySQLi (improved) or PDO code.  If you can't write modern code manually,  you may try the pre-release version of DW to which Birnou hinted.  However NEXT is not recommended for production use because it is not a complete product yet.  Or you may purchase commercial extensions to replace the deprecated server-behaviors in DW, like this one from WebAssist.

http://www.webassist.com/dreamweaver-extensions/mysqli

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea  please, where do you see that is a specific question related to a prerelease question ???? and where it is something linked to server behavior....

Please I miss your point...

and why the user should'nt try the solution I indicate ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@B i r n o u,

Excuse me. It was you who mentioned NEXT.  But I see now that you have edited your reply to something different since you first posted it.

@smithd7tcd,

The MM scripts in DW are deprecated.  Hopefully one of the solutions mentioned below will help you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/mm-xsltransform-error-on-upgrade-of-php-to-7-3/m-p/104616...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines