• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My website has images and data but when opened in DW there's only background image. No data.

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My website has images and data but when opened in DW there's only background image. No data. I have downloaded the entire site to my computer and it shows all the date in HTML source but nothing in design view. Please help!

image.png

image.png

[Edited by moderator.  Attached images removed & replaced with embedded ones.]

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of issue is usully caused by one of a few problems, the most likely is code errors (the red x in circle icon at the bottom of your page says you have some).

Web browsers are far more forgiving than DW is when it comes to html errors. What a browser correctly guessed you meant to do with your code, DW won't even attempt. Run your pages through the validation tool under Window > Results > Validation and click the Reports button to run the site through the W3C checker, or go to http://validator.w3.org/nu and clean up any structural problems it reports, like missing or unclosed tags and it might start working for you.

Verify that all of the images you link to in the code exist in the correct folder in your local site.

I also see "Dropbox" in your site's file path. It might be a good idea to move the site to your local machine. A lot of people have issues when storing their sites on external file storage services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tables for layout and inline CSS, hmmmm...  This looks less like a website and more like an e-mail. 

Before you begin a project, define a local site folder on your primary hard drive.  This is where your site files and assets will reside.

Next, select one of the Bootstrap or Responsive starter templates in Dreamweaver CC.   Go to File > New > Starter Templates...  Pick one and hit the create button.  Save file and add your own content and images.

To ensure you're not introducing code errors, check the Output panel throughout editing sessions (Window > Results > Output).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines