• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OT: When did viewing source code in browsers become a crime???

Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this and laughed out loud.

A newspaper reporter from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch discovered sensitive data embedded in the HTML code of a website run by Missouri's dept of education. In response, Missouri's Governor accused the newspaper of illegal hacking.

A newspaper informed Missouri about a website flaw. The governor accused it of ‘hacking.’

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media
TOPICS
Code , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most laughable part of the story was it costing up to $50million to fix the problem, get in there quick guys you could undercut and still make a clear $25 million.......great saving for the state of Missouri!

As I keep saying this is where we are at now, frightening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Governor Mike Parson has COVID brain freeze.

https://missouriindependent.com/2021/10/14/missouri-governor-vows-criminal-prosecution-of-reporter-w...

Rep. Tony Lovasco, who has worked in software deployment and maintenance, tweeted Thursday that “it’s clear the Governor’s Office has a fundamental misunderstanding of both web technology and industry standard procedures for reporting security vulnerabilities.

“Journalists responsibly sounding an alarm on data privacy is not criminal hacking,” he said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I don't know what is going on but I've never experienced in my life-time what is happening right now, the whole World seems to be on the brink, imploding in one way or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fear "Idiocracy," a sci-fi comedy movie from 2006, was more fact than fiction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines