• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paypal Button won't Work due to sandbox mode

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to put the Paypal buttons on our website and when I get them loaded, the buttons are still in sandbox mode.  Can anyone help me get them put into dreamweaver and have them not be in sandbox mode anymore?

Thanks,

Eric

TOPICS
Code , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Further to the above and on reflection just create a 'live' app.

Select 'Dashboard' from the list under the button in the top-right corner of the page on the pay pal 'developers' page.

That should bring up a page:

My Apps & Credentials

There will be 2 buttons - 'Sandbox/Live'

Select 'Live'.

Click on 'Create App'

Give the app a name when the next page appears.

Click on the blue 'Create App' button

A page should appear:

LIVE API CREDENTIALS

Your live 'client id' will be listed - a long string of character

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How where the paypal buttons created?

Is the button  link pointing to paypal.com or sandbox.paypal.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through paypal and got the buttons underneath their tools and the smart business button code.  The link is pointing to paypal.com.  Let me get the code and see what I can paste here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set testMode to false, or just leave it out entirely (false is the default).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so green with coding in this program.  Where can I find that at?  I was literally given the program with zero experience.  There has been a lot of youtubing.  I appreciate all of your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you show us the button code?

There's so many variations, its not possible to provide an answer without knowing some more background information. Recently Paypal introduced 'Smart payment buttons' which use javascript to process the workflow, they work differently from the previous 'Standard paypal buttons', where the buttons <forms> action attribute just points to the Paypal processing url end-point.

Is there any database involved or are these buttons stand-alone i.e., you generate the button code via the Paypal user interface, copy the code and paste it into your web application?

It sounds like you may have set up a Paypal sandbox account to test the payment process out? Was there any secret or production API keys involved in the process? If so you need to use the correct API key for the correct environment, that being either Sandbox testing or live production. I believe there is a button in the Paypal developer user interface to switch between live and sandbox. However if this is all sounding very foreign to you chances are you didn't use this process to set-up/test the workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<div id="paypal-button-container"></div> <script src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=sb&currency=USD" data-sdk-integration-source="button-factory"></script> <script> paypal.Buttons({ style: { shape: 'rect', color: 'gold', layout: 'vertical', label: 'paypal', }, createOrder: function(data, actions) { return actions.order.create({ purchase_units: [{ amount: { value: '1' } }] }); }, onApprove: function(data, actions) { return actions.order.capture().then(function(details) { alert('Transaction completed by ' + details.payer.name.given_name + '!'); }); } }).render('#paypal-button-container'); </script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to replace 'sb' (sandbox) in the link to paypal.com with your client id. 

Do you have access to your client id is the question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the clientID what we use to log on to PAYPAL?  Or where could I find this at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, your client id is usually a long line of characters.

You might be able to find this in your pay pal user area. Ive not used pay pal in a while and lve not used the javascript workflow myself.

However lve come across a couple of youtube videos which might set you in the right direction.

I'll post the links here in an hour or so, not at my main computer at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First try this.

Go to:

https://developer.paypal.com/

Login with your usual paypal details

Click on the button icon in the top-right corner of the page and select 'Dashboard'

You should see a blue button - 'Create App' - click it

In the 'App Name' field which will appear on the page AFTER you have clicked the 'Create App' button just give the app a name, anything you like - example - myTestApp

Then click on the blue 'Create App' button at the foot of the page.

On the page that appears you should see:

Client ID - a long string of characters - that is the id I believe you need to use instead of 'sb' in the paypal link.

You may need to set up a Sandbox testing account if you have NOT already done so OR a couple of default accounts may already be set up for you to test with.

Click on 'Accounts' in the blue left sidebar, then when the next page appears click on the blue 'Create Account' button.

From the modal which drops down select 'Business (Merchant Account) - select your Country/Region from the drop select box, click the blue 'Create' button. Your new test business acoount will be created.

As I say you may not even need to go through the setting up an account stage to get a client id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further to the above and on reflection just create a 'live' app.

Select 'Dashboard' from the list under the button in the top-right corner of the page on the pay pal 'developers' page.

That should bring up a page:

My Apps & Credentials

There will be 2 buttons - 'Sandbox/Live'

Select 'Live'.

Click on 'Create App'

Give the app a name when the next page appears.

Click on the blue 'Create App' button

A page should appear:

LIVE API CREDENTIALS

Your live 'client id' will be listed - a long string of characters - that's the one you need for your live production, paste it where 'sb' is in the link to pay pal.

As an aside note:

Paypal never used to be this complex. In the past you could just create simple form based buttons in the paypal user area for static websites. Does that option not exist any longer for you? I'm using an old account so for old accounts that option may still exist but not for new ones.

On the other hand you may be trying to do something that can't be done with a simple button but can be done with the more complex javascript workflow - I dont know.

See the below youtube video for a visual represenation of what I've gone through in the above 2 posts. Watch it all the way through - the tutor eventually creates a 'live app' as I explained above and has access to the live 'client id'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haQPsNjq8M&t 

In the past Ive never bothered with Sandbox as it was a nightmare at times (may have improved in recent years). I just went live and paid a minimal transaction amount like 1 pence to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines