• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHP image gallery uploader for client website?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find a php image gallery uploader so that once I install the code into my clients website, they can upload via the web their pictures to the gallery, I've googled and come up empty. It would need to look nice, not clunky (think flowchart gallery on the mac).

How can this be done. Hoping to buy software and install it, let the program do the work.

Thanks,

Stefan

http://www.bluebarngraphics.com

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

For Wordpress, try the nextGen Gallery. very flexible with uploading, creating galleries and including them in posts and pages. I did have a problem with installation when using the Wordpress plug in auto install, it seemed like to either installed something else or only a part of the plug in. I ended up downloading the package from the developers site, in zipping then uploading it to the plug ins folder manually. Worked great after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of any off the shelf software  as you describe, but I am thinking is should be a fairly straightforward project.

1. Create a form for your client to upload images, alt  and text descriptions into a database.

2. Take some off the shelf photo gallery, wrap the code in a "do while" loop, call the images and text from the database.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 18, 2011 Jun 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the products at web assist.com and DMXzone.com. They both offer extensions and other solutions that not only create the gallery, but offer the upload function, auto create thumbs, resize the images, etc. It's interesting, if you're using Wordpress, there are all sorts of free plugins that do this, but all you're going to get for free for regular website are bits and pieces that to have to assemble and build yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks everyone... think im going to build this in wordpress...make it much easier on myself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Wordpress, try the nextGen Gallery. very flexible with uploading, creating galleries and including them in posts and pages. I did have a problem with installation when using the Wordpress plug in auto install, it seemed like to either installed something else or only a part of the plug in. I ended up downloading the package from the developers site, in zipping then uploading it to the plug ins folder manually. Worked great after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, going to give this one a try... the screenshots look amazing.

However, 10 people say it worked, 13 people say it didnt. Do you think this is because of the install process, to download from developer first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines