• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Real Time Preview (RTP) not functioning at all

Participant ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an example, I view my page in Live View and do File/Real time preview  The Chrome browser opens at http://127.0.0.1:58135/preview/app/index.html   as expected.  If I then double-click an element in my Live view page to bring up the edit box I should be able to change some text and see it reflected in the RTP.  I only see the change  reflected in the Chrome window if i both save my change and do a Reload of the page in the Chrome window

all the pages in my site are .php files as I use includes to bring in blocks of standard code.  Do pages have to be .html or .htm for this feature to work? I am using DW CC 2017.1 build 9583

thanks in anticipation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

When content is served from a testing server, any changes made in Live/Design Views or code view needs to be saved and pushed to testing server as changed file is again loaded from testing server in RTP. So whenever changes are saved in Dreamweaver, RTP automatically refreshes and renders the new changes.

When RTP is opened for a local static file or the site does not have a testing server defined, changes are automatically reflected in RTP.

In this case RTP is loaded from local copy of the file d

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been reported by a number of users, unfortunatly all that can be suggested is that you call customer care.

See Prerans answer to -

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2309338

for a link to details for doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a local testing server set-up and defined in DW?  You will need one to view PHP includes.

CC-testingServer1.jpg

CC-testingServer2.jpg

CC-testingServer3.jpg

CC-testingServer4.jpg

CC-testingServer-final.jpg

If you right-click on open tab and select Open in Browser, you can avoid the RTP,   When working with PHP files, I find this works better for me.

CC-Preview-in-browser.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the pages in my site are .php files as I use includes to bring in blocks of standard code.  Do pages have to be .html or .htm for this feature to work? I am using DW CC 2017.1 build 9583

Files can have whatever extension you prefer, so long as your local and hosted PHP environments are set to recognize the extension you define as PHP; this typically involves adding a few short lines to a configuration file (usually, an .htaccess document). You can google "parse PHP as HTML" or a similar search. Here's an example: How to enable html files to display php code | InMotion Hosting

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When content is served from a testing server, any changes made in Live/Design Views or code view needs to be saved and pushed to testing server as changed file is again loaded from testing server in RTP. So whenever changes are saved in Dreamweaver, RTP automatically refreshes and renders the new changes.

When RTP is opened for a local static file or the site does not have a testing server defined, changes are automatically reflected in RTP.

In this case RTP is loaded from local copy of the file directly.

higgsyd  wrote

If I then double-click an element in my Live view page to bring up the edit box I should be able to change some text and see it reflected in the RTP.  I only see the change  reflected in the Chrome window if i both save my change and do a Reload of the page in the Chrome window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines