• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save and refresh keystroke?

Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real Time Preview is great to preview HTML changes in real time. But it will not preview in real time CSS changes.

Rather than have to click out of a CSS file and click the previewed HTML file  - is there a way to save the CSS file and automatically refresh the browser window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just save the CSS file with Ctrl+S.

Refresh with F5. 

Or use Ctrl + R in browser.

To be honest, I never use Real-Time Preview.  I prefer to preview directly in browsers which doesn't rely on Adobe's servers.

Right-click on document Tab. Select Open in Browser.

You can also disable RTP by going to Preferences and check the box for Default to Static Browser Preview.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems a very long winded way to do things.

I have to save the CSS file, then move my curser to the browser window, click the browser app, then CMD + R to refresh the browser. Then move my curser back to Dreamweaver, click Dreamweaver, make changes to the CSS and repeat.

I love that in Sublime Text in my CSS file I can do a 'save and refresh' keystroke, to save the CSS file and automatically refresh the browser window, so that I can see the changes without leaving my code editor. This saves a ton of time. BBEdit has a similar function

I'm surprised Dreamweaver doesn't have this ability?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW was suposed to handle this type of feature using the real time preview in browser (File > Real Time Preview > browser) but I always had trouble using it... the best way, FWIT, is to set up our own Node script (Gulp, Grunt, Command line, whatever best fit for you)... plus that will allows all connected device (phone, tv, tablet...) connected to refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW does not have this function and, unless Adobe reverses its decision to put the program into its current "minimally maintained" pergatory, it will never have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shortcut to save file in Dreamweaver: Ctrl+S

The Dreamweaver real-time preview feature is flaky. Turn it off in preferences by checking the 'Default To Static Browser Preview' checkbox in:  preference =>Real-Time Preview'

Live Reload works if you want the page to refresh automatically when changes are made. Download/install the app, set up/add your working folder, install the browser extension(s) for FF or Chrome. I have used many times and it is pretty straightforward and worked well for me...

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines