Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting a Tag in Code View

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can I select a tag in Code View when I'm in the middle of it using only the keyboard?  For example, if I'm adding a class, how can I select the tag such that I can wrap it with Control-T?

When my cursor is at the | spot

<input class="added class|" type="submit">

I'd like to press a shortcut to have <input> selected.  Then, I'd like to be able to Control-T to wrap in a <div> or Control-[ to move to a parent.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

I don't, i use the mouse.

With the updating of the code editor in Dw 2017 to an implementation of the Brackets code editor, i have found it safer to not use the keyboard shortcuts.

My reason for doing so was that a number of them have changed, and i kept using the old shortcuts, so except for the basic ones that tend to work the same across all programs, i stopped using them until i have time to relearn, (probably never).

There has been a number of complaints about all the changes, but the old code

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard shortcuts supported by Dw are -

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a bunch of the shortcuts on the link you provided, but none of them seemed to select the enclosing tag.  Which one do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't, i use the mouse.

With the updating of the code editor in Dw 2017 to an implementation of the Brackets code editor, i have found it safer to not use the keyboard shortcuts.

My reason for doing so was that a number of them have changed, and i kept using the old shortcuts, so except for the basic ones that tend to work the same across all programs, i stopped using them until i have time to relearn, (probably never).

There has been a number of complaints about all the changes, but the old code editor had i think reached it EOL. I doubt very much if they will remap to the old shortcuts, as the open source brackets editor and the new Dw implementation is supposed to remain in sync from now on.

You could file a feature request, (in the help menu) if a shortcut you wish to use is missing, or for any other feature you think should be included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'll open up a request. The mouse selection seems well supported in the bottom navigation and the DOM panel.  The closest keyboard-only solution I found this morning was to use the next word navigation to move into a tag's content, then back up with the Ctrl+[ parent tag selector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines