Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, server behaviour + icon is depreciated after testing my server 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

There's isn't any server behaviours available in Dreamweaver any longer if that is your problem. They were removed some years back as the code was outdated and shouldn't be used for any new project and possibly by now, if you have an existing website which uses them, the code should have been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Nope.  Dreamweaver isn't receiving new features. It's in minimal maintenance status.

Use a commercial extension, a visual web app builder like Wappler or code manually.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's isn't any server behaviours available in Dreamweaver any longer if that is your problem. They were removed some years back as the code was outdated and shouldn't be used for any new project and possibly by now, if you have an existing website which uses them, the code should have been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks , so what do you think i can do . How can i get the code ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks , so what do you think i can do . How can i get the code ? 

By @Ibrowizy

What do you mean how can I get the code?

IF you are starting a new project then there are 3 alternatives.

1) You can buy a (not so cheap) 3rd party Dreamweaver extension which will provide you with the basics to connect/query a database using php/msqli http://www.webassist.com/dreamweaver-extensions/mysqli 

2) Use (cheap) youtube to find some tutorials on php/mysqli which guide you through the process. Fairly easy, you just need the time.

3) Seek a different editor (not so cheap) which has the ability to create dynamic websites built in https://wappler.io/ 

I dont know if the server behaviours can be recovered for use in cases where someone is maintaining a legacy version of a website, maybe. Someone will most likely provide information if you are in that situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modern PHP 7 & higher doesn't work with deprecated server-behaviors. That's why Dreamweaver removed them.

What server-side coding language and version does your server support?

That will determine which server-behavior replacements you can you can use. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are server behaviors ever coming back to Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Dreamweaver isn't receiving new features. It's in minimal maintenance status.

Use a commercial extension, a visual web app builder like Wappler or code manually.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet the had announced it back in 2020: https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/dreamweaver-2020-roadmap/td-p/10885179 ...

Thanks to the reply though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @user7358556,

Thanks for writing to us. You can bring back the database and server behaviours panel by installing 'Server Behavior & Database' add-on from Creative Cloud Desktop App by following the steps mentioned in this article. Please search for Server Behaviour & Database for Dreamweaver product and install the same for getting back the panels under Dw Window menu. Please be aware that the panel will be compatible with php 5.6 version which can be set by navigating to Preferences-->PHP or under site's Advanced settings-->PHP.

Refer this link for more info on the add-on: https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/1315/server-behavior-database

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nayan_Kankariya are you suggesting that we go back to a very much outdated PHP v5 to be able to use this extension? Words fail me!

Why not admit that Dreamweaver has had its time dating back to 2012 when all of the goodies started to be removed.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They'll never admit it....

I just can't understand why they don't just  simply update the code to be MySQLi compatible, it's not that difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, wasn't referring to the old behaviors, I meant the new ones that were announced in 2020: https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/dreamweaver-2020-roadmap/td-p/10885179

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, wasn't referring to the old behaviors, I meant the new ones that were announced in 2020: https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/dreamweaver-2020-roadmap/td-p/10885179

By @user7358556

No one is doubting the post you are sharing, but since that time DW 2021 (the most recent release) was developed, and at that point Adobe started down a different path and decided to move Dreamweaver into minimal maintenance. Unfortunately programs that end up down this path don't tend to make a recovery. The reason they don't update or maintain certain programs comes down to cost and usage. Usage is undoubtedly tracked and when programs get used less like Dreamweaver, XD, etc. then they evaluate the cost to update vs. maintain and decisions are made. It's not always what we want, but what the business ultimately decides to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason they don't update or maintain certain programs comes down to cost and usage. Usage is undoubtedly tracked and when programs get used less like Dreamweaver, XD, etc. then they evaluate the cost to update vs. maintain and decisions are made. It's not always what we want, but what the business ultimately decides to do.

By @Ben M

This angers me most, the fact that loyal users are completely ignored.

I used to be great defender of Dreamweaver while participating in the development program. Many things were promised, but were never delivered. I then decided to look for an alternative, finishing up with VSCode as my preferred development tool.

Fortunately, DMXzone also saw the end of Dreamweaver coming and decided to create Wappler. Although there is a huge financial difference between VSCode (free of charge) and Wappler, I jumped ship in 2018 and haven't looked back. This is because tedious coding is kept to a minimum wherby my projects are now created in record time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because tedious coding is kept to a minimum wherby my projects are now created in record time.

By @BenPleysier

What about all the bugs you have to endure, seems to me there is bug after bug introduced in each weekly update - many say disrupts their website/s - given the frequent updates that must be a bit frustrating or is that just something one has to put up with if you can't code.

Two sides to every argument, I don't just select the cream.

As for Dreamweaver - every dog has its day - Adobe decided to no longer compete in a sector where small start ups can produce excellent quality products whilst existing on a smaller piece of the financial pie. I doubt any serious web-developer has even heard of Dreamweaver these days, only us oldies, because back in its heyday it was considered a bit of a leader, particularly in entry level database querying, which eventually made it what it became. Unfortunatley a lot of time was wasted in the ensuing years by introduing junk workflows, instead of concentaring on its core values. Stick to what you do best, otherwise you'll die.......RIP Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about all the bugs you have to endure, seems to me there is bug after bug introduced in each weekly update - many say disrupts their website/s - given the frequent updates that must be a bit frustrating or is that just something one has to put up with if you can't code.

By @osgood_

Yep, heaps of bugs. That is why I have been using Wappler over the past 6 years, all because I love bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, heaps of bugs. That is why I have been using Wappler over the past 6 years, all because I love bugs.

By @BenPleysier

Amazing how many 'Fixed in the next update' flags appear in the forum..........they must be proud of all the bugs...........hummm........not sure its a good point of sales technique though, hey ho!

If that's what you have to put up with then I guess count me out. I don't want to waste several hours deciding if its a bug or just me being an idiot. Less updates would probably be more sensible and more testing in between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you are still interested in visiting the forum while not having any interest in using Wappler. 

The Dutch saying "The best helmsmen are on shore" certainly applies here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you know l invest time in keeping up with what's going on.......... Ignorance is NOT bliss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines