• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SFTP Broken in Dreamweaver 2017

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well as per usual Adobe has broken a working feature.

Dreamweaver only connects to certain servers now via ftp.  SFTP/FTP over SSL is broken.

I can connect perfectly to the server(s) in question with putty and WinSCP(sftp) on Windows, but as soon as I try with Dreamweaver it displays an 'FTP error occured - cannot make connection to host.' Triple, and Quadruple checked the server name.

- Windows 7 Firewall is allowing the program through.

- Antivirus turned off.

I see other people are having this problem and also with Muse.  In fact one of these servers I cannot even connect via regular FTP now....

Any solutions yet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Hi rayates55​,

I am happy to announce that your wish has come true.

Dreamweaver 18.2 is live now with the SFTP fix.

Please go ahead and try it out.

Thanks,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Tested it again and by removing the ssh_host file in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC 2017/en_US/Configuration, I can restore the connectivity - at least for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue. I have tried removing the ssh_host file and I've tried pinging the server (which timed out every time). I am using Adobe CS6 for a Windows PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there something similar for DW 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here. Please fix and advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tech support asked me to send them the ciphers on the server configuration. They are:

chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com

aes256-gcm@openssh.com

aes128-gcm@openssh.com

aes256-ctr

aes192-ctr

aes128-ctr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you tell us to which hosting server are you trying to connect?

Also, if you could list down the whole list of ciphers, MACs and KexAlgorithms supported by your server- we could debug this issue better.

Regards,
Niharika Gupta
Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already sent that information. I am surprised that Adobe tech support is not better coordinated about this. Obviously the issue is widespread but you seem to be working on it piecemeal rather than systematically.

The host is:

ndsuext.nodak.edu

The ciphers in the current configuration are:

aes256-gcm@openssh.com

aes128-gcm@openssh.com

aes256-ctr

aes192-ctr

aes128-ctr

If you need more information please contact the system administrator at:

[Moderator removed name & email address.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My response above was to an _email_ from Adobe tech support. I did not expect it to be posted in a public forum and to include the email address of the system administrator. Very poor netiquette, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public web forum.  If you don't want to receive copies to your email inbox, suggest you change your forum preferences by clicking your avatar at the top of this web forum .

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have sent out a mail to the moderator to get the list of MACs and KexAlgorithms as well- if you have this list you might let us know that as well.

I believe this isn't an external hosting provider which we can buy/try and use it for our testing? Please confirm.

Also, I would like to mention that I am from Dreamweaver Product Team asking you to help us out and debug the issue.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I have sent out a mail to the moderator to get the list of

MACs and KexAlgorithms as well- if you have this list you might let us know that as

well.

I do not know what those are. I am a designer with a website on that server. Please communicate directly with the system administrator to get the information that you need.

I believe this isn't an external hosting provider which we can buy/try and use it for our

testing? Please confirm.

I do not know what that means. Please communicate directly with the system administrator to get the information that you need.

Also, I would like to mention that I am from Dreamweaver Product Team asking you

to help us out and debug the issue.

I understand that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about the first point. The second question is about your hosting provider? Which hosting provider are you using for your website?

The team can buy or use a trial version to see if they can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted here or emailed to Priyanka, Niharika Gupta, Akshay Mahajan and one person in response to each of them asking this very same question. The systems administrator for the server, who actually knows the answers, has repeatedly responded to them also. Now yet another person, Preran, is asking for the exact same information even though it is clearly posted above.

This will be my last post on the issue. I know no more than I have already posted or sent to Adobe:

The host is: ndsuext.nodak.edu

The ciphers in the current configuration are:

aes256-gcm@openssh.com

aes128-gcm@openssh.com

aes256-ctr

aes192-ctr

aes128-ctr

The software is the OpenSSH server (currently version 6.6) running on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 so it's all freely available and could be installed on a spare PC for testing purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

I will update this thread once we have a fix in place.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using my own CentOS 7 server hosted in AWS and I am having the same issue.  Tried using IP instead of DNS, also tried using key based login.   Also tried deleting my ssh_hosts files.  Nothing seems to work.  I'm on OSX 10.13.3 using DW 18.0 build 10136.

This is a really annoying bug, and as a paying customer I'm really disappointed that Adobe has taken this long to prove the bug exists.  Once a bug is reported, that's what labs are supposed to be for.  The fact that you're relying on customer servers to test is not very reassuring.   With that said, please let me know if you need any other information.  Since I own the operating system, I can provide whatever information you need.

Cheers,

-cs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following settings

junk.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with SFTP, not FTP over SSL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is very annoying. They do seem to be actively working on it, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Dreamweaver 18.2 is live. It can be downloaded from creative cloud Desktop application.

It includes the SFTP connection issue fix, Please refer to release notes:

Release notes for the 2018 and 2017 releases of Dreamweaver

Thanks

Kratika Agarwal

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is funny how this was brought up almost a year ago, and there has been no real attempt by Adobe to fix the issue despite the bug report. Adobe needs to stop outsourcing its software development to monkeys with typewriters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the heck did Adobe outsource its development to code monkeys? Worst customer support, and I'm having the same issue. This is unacceptable. We'll not be renewing our Adobe licenses any more.

For anyone else looking for a better software, use: pinegrow.com

We're already migrating to it, and it has much better support, for much less than this CrapWeaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are happy to announce, the long awaited fix for SFTP connection issue has been addressed and is available in the latest pre-release drop. Please go the link Adobe Prerelease    and install the latest build 11099.

Try connecting to SFTP server with this build. Looking forward to your feedback!

Regards,
Mahak Kudyar
Adobe Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for working on this. I am reluctant to install a “pre-release” build in case it disrupts something else in my workflow. Is there any chance of that? My current build is 10136 on Dreamweaver CC 18.0. When will this be fully released as a public update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Don't worry and go ahead with the installation. It will be installed as Dreamweaver C Next and won't affect your existing installations.

P.S: If you already have any Dreamweaver CC Next build, please uninstall that and post that install the latest CC Next build.

Give it a try and let us know if it is working for you.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still does not work. Expected as usual. Extremely incompetent team, and product quality going down over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines