• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site passwords don't sync

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I set up sites, with server login passwords, on my desktop they don't sync over to my laptop. Also when Dreamweaver gets a major update they all dissappear and have to be reentered. I'm working on macOS High Sierra.

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Unfortunately, it's working as designed.

Site Usernames and Passwords do NOT sync between computers via the Creative Cloud, per Adobe's documentation on the syncing functionality: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/synchronizing-dreamweaver-settings-creative-cloud.html

To make sure you have them when updating, first export all of your sites to .ste files from the older version. Then Import those files after installing the new version.

Make sure you DO NOT check "Remove Older Versions" while

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Site > Manage Sites and export your site definition settings.  Select Back up my settings (includes password, login and local paths). 

Save the STE file(s) to a safe place -- an external disk, cloud drive like Dropbox, or upload to a secure folder on your remote server.  The site definition settings are invaluable for when you move to other equipment or upgrade to the next major version of DW.

Go to Site > Manage Sites > Import Site button.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I could save them all... I have about 25 sites setup.

I thought sync would save passwords to the cloud so I wouldn't have to setup new site settings on my desktop and laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, it's working as designed.

Site Usernames and Passwords do NOT sync between computers via the Creative Cloud, per Adobe's documentation on the syncing functionality: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/synchronizing-dreamweaver-settings-creative-cloud.html

To make sure you have them when updating, first export all of your sites to .ste files from the older version. Then Import those files after installing the new version.

Make sure you DO NOT check "Remove Older Versions" while installing a new version. There's always the chance that a new version of DW will break your workflow, hold onto the older versions until you're confortable with the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines