• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spry text area

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I use spry to build a text area for users to put comments or questions about my site? And where will the comments go so I can read them?

TOPICS
Extensions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without some form of server language and database, the only way for you to see their comments is if you send the form + comments via email.

Do you have access to these, e.g. php/MySQL?

PZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I just needed some help on where to go to make this happen. This is all very new to me, just purchased DW CS4 two weeks ago. I still have alot to learn this will lead me in the right direction. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way is to set up your spry page (with validation if required), then send the details to you using a phpmail script (or phpform script, how confident are you with php?),

Try this link for tutorials on using spry:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/spry/

For the form mail program, chech with your server provider as many have scripts ready (well almost), for your use.

PZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note: You had marked this thread as answered (by mistake probably), before I had replied to the second post.

PZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines