Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stored Procedure CS4?

Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use MS2008 SQL Server and I'm trying to get Dreamweaver to connect using stored procedures. ASP VBscript.

If I use "Command" and click on "Procedures" it starts to load them up and then sits there. I waited about 5 minutes and gave up waiting.

Same with doing it the Recordsets way. There was a time when doing the recordsets way worked but apparently not now in CS4. So not only has it not be fixed but it's gotten worse.

Any workarounds? Ideas?

Is this their way of saying I should move to php?

Are they EVER going to fix this and if not why do they keep it in the interface when they have no plan to fix it?

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

{call user.nameofsp(nameofvariable)}

I looked at some of my old SPs and found that they now use the above format to call an SP

I just plugged in the above, added a variable that is named in the SP and I got results.

I guess I answered part of my own question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess if nobody wants to jump in, I'll close this down.

Man I miss the NNTP server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Art, I miss the NNTP side too... I will give the CS4 trial a go tonight and see if I can get any stored procedures working as they do in CS3. When I tried in the beta they did work, and I was under the impression nothing had changed, but from the sounds of it maybe they have... they broke it from 8 to CS3, so why not more from CS3 to CS4.

You didn't see me, right?

Dooza

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, no changes were made to any ASP server behaviors in CS4. If it was broken in CS3, it's probably still broken in CS4. If it worked, it should still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Arts description it sounds like he has found a new bug, maybe worth him reporting it?

Dooza

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it's my setup/ IIS, localhost...

My solution actually works pretty good because I have quite a few SPs and it takes quite a long time to pull them all in.

It could also be an issue with the SQL server itself.

Perhaps others are having the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I appreciate you checking it out. Let us know.

Of course you have 2000 vs 2008

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LArtJunky wrote:

Steve,

I appreciate you checking it out. Let us know.

Of course you have 2000 vs 2008

Hi Art,

I found out I don't have the access rights from my home pc to get to our online SQL 2000 server, can only access it from work, the security is too good

I think I will have to download SQL Express 2008 at home and have a play with that instead. I can't this weekend, as I am doing the lighting at a club night in Glastonbury, and then on Sunday its my mums 60th Birthday party, so possibly during the week if time allows.

I will let you know how I get on.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Thanks.I'll be curious to hear

Glasonbury,

Are you setting up the lighting because you work for a lighting company? Also, where are you from? I was thinking you lived somewhat southwest of London.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LArtJunky wrote:

Glasonbury,

Are you setting up the lighting because you work for a lighting company? Also, where are you from? I was thinking you lived somewhat southwest of London.

Lighting is my hobby, I have been doing it for 10 years. Mainly clubs and free parties (raves) but also do a couple stages at the Glade Festival with some friends of mine. I do happen to work for a lighting company, have done for a couple of years, which is why its an ideal job for me. I do all the asp/sql parts of the website that marketing have overall control over. I also do internal systems using asp/sql. I think I have learnt more in the last 2 years than I have in the last decade, and all because the products and the company interest me.

Now Glastonbury is a good 3 hour drive in an old Merc van full of sound and lighting kit. Your right, I do live west of London, but do parties all over the place. This one wasn't that well attended or well paid, but it was still a good party.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines