• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronization fails (all the time)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Dreamweaver 20, build 15196.

Remotely, I've got a plain old WordPress site with which I desire to synchronize with my local machine. Synchronizing has never been a particuarly efficient or reliable process under Dreamweaver, but now it's completely broken: if I try to synchronize my entire site (getting all new files and deleting any local files not found on the remote server), DW will properly give me a file list, but when I tell it to act on that list (getting and deleting as necessary) it will crash. Every time.

I've even tried to isolate the problem by only getting new files or just deleting any orphan local files, but it will crash, every time. I've even generated a file, declined action on every file but one....and it still crashes.

I've sent crash reports; is there an obvious place I can look at a log to see what Dreamweaver is tripping up on?

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=10449

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running DW on a Mac, not a Windows machine.

(But thank you for the quick reply.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running DW on a Mac, not a Windows machine.

That could be the problem.

Seriously though, I think Nancy's reply would be the best idea.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A massive WordPress installation containing a thousand or more files with various permissions might be asking too much from DW.   I'd be more comfortable syncing files with a dedicated S/FTP client like Filezilla.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  respect that Nancy....except the reality that a) I was successful in managing my site(s) this way for years (and this current major DW release breaks consistently) and b) anyway, DW does successfully create a file list, but then it crashes/fails on what I'd expect to be the easiest of tasks, namely, taking that file list an either downloading new files or deleting orphaned local ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I'd add that I have tried to use Filezilla in the past, but while it's faster in identifying which files to synchronize, it's not quite as friendly with regard to automating which folders and file types to ignore while synching.

Anyway, thank you all! I don't do well with change, and DW changed to...not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GradyBooch,

Sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue on File synchronization. As a quick fix for this issue, can you please try synchronizing files after resetting Dw preferences, please visit this link for steps to restore Dw app preferences (Quit Dw before performing the steps).

Let us know if the above solution fixes the issue. Also, it would be great if we can remote connect over Bluejeans illustrating the issue on your machine at any suitable time to you. This will help us in investigating the issue and finding the root-cause of the same.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your rapid reply!

I'll give the purging-of-DW-preferences right now (and report back what I find). And yes, I'd be delighted to arrange a time you can remotely connect to my machine. (How can I send you my email so that we can start the process?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GradyBooch,

Please let us know if the issue is fixed with resetting Dw app preferences. You can email me on kankariy@adobe.com for the remote connect details. Also, it would be great if you can attach the crash logs in the email.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines