• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Fake Internet

Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very interesting New York magazine article.

How Much of the Internet Is Fake?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just the fake internet that is the problem, but fake information.

I think most of us knew enough not to trust statistics, or reviews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I sometimes wonder why I give so much of my life over to the internet, it's really, really unhealthy. I should be out in the fields digging up potatoes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

It's not just the fake internet that is the problem, but fake information.

You're so right.  And one of my favorite fakes of 2018 is this one.

GoFundMe refunds $400,000 in donations from couple’s ‘scam’ fundraiser to help homeless man | The In...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My favourite is Guidelines & Tips for the Adobe Forums​; but then again, this would not be classified as fake news. Give me a bit of time and I'll find something more suitable.

Happy New Year to all.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy New Year.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy new year too... and thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice article Nancy OShea, seems rather fitting given a few perpetual pretenders whom post on this forum. That video of the Chinese click farm would be an outstanding contender to become an open device lab candidate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aint no perpetual pretenders who post in this forum to my knowledge unless the poster is talking about himself of course, who likes to stir it up in every conceivable post they care to respond to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s felicitous that you responded and your comrade likewise chose to like your post. Now I’m sure you will bring forth your typical diatribe dissertation response, however it won’t be anything new to ponder. So, Happy New Year to ya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No diatribe needed:

Microsoft Edge is getting the axe

Happy New Year to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its the cause of your referral, yes I'm still waiting for a link to that Edge Blog reference from 6 weeks ago. :--)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T  wrote

If its the cause of your referral, yes I'm still waiting for a link to that Edge Blog reference from 6 weeks ago. :--)

This thread and the other I refered to was absolutley fine until you arrived and started accusations of untruths and perpetual pretenders. At least have the balls to 'name and shame' instead of hiding behind your Mothers skirt.

I'll say again for your benefit - There AINT no perpetual pretenders or trolls around here, except for yourself.

How about post 12:

Ben Pleysier's Missing Post

Seems like you're the kid at the school gate shouting 'Fight, Fight, Fight' without actually wanting to get hurt yourself or the bloke that passes wind in a packed  lift and gets out at the next available floor. Grow up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T  wrote

Now I’m sure you will bring forth your typical diatribe dissertation response, however it won’t be anything new to ponder.

Case in point. Took you a minute, but I'm sure many knew from countless examples (ex: recent) that you would not be able to refrain or restrain yourself with your response or approach in doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truth, with examples to back it up, not diatribe, youre the unchallenged expert in that respect.

In the thread you refer to l was defending my right to freedom of speech in the forum. Im not sure what your agenda was in the two threads you posted in, within a few minutes of each other, apart from calling regular posters liars and pretenders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to talk to someone whom can't reflect upon themselves. You always seem to fail in understanding anyone whom tries to help you in that regard. But none the less, Happy New Year to ya osgood_​ all the best in the new year, warped perspective and all. ;--)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its called 'shooting yourself in the foot'. Your only participation in the thread you now refer to was nothing more than to stir the pot, which seems to be your only input into this forum. The guy in the image has a rather long nose, its best advised you dont keep poking yours in other peoples business, although l suspect you cant help yourself. Have a Happy New Year yourself and make a resolution to take some of your own advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the evening is beginning to caring on, there are much better things to do than try and have you see the reality of yourself as the new year comes forth. So see ya next year when you continue to fail to see what others are saying. Be safe out there, cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, you should stop losing sleep and over-worrying yourself constantly about me and start worrying about your own short comings and failiure to recognise a fractured mind within. Hope for your sake and everyone else around you the New Year ushers in a change of attitude. I wont hang my hat on it though. I'll be here this year, you can be assured of that. Look forward to it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice article.. thanks Nancy,

It surprises me to see this article published only these days. It has already been months and months that everything that surrounds us through the media, and moreover, on the web is false...

starting long ago with the face of this model for a cosmetic product advertising that has been photoshopped at the most...

take a closer look at the twitter accounts of some of your partners, competitors, friends, enemies... a lot of them have some full of followers, fake them too...

read the excellent book on IA wrote by nick bostrom... and what about the book "1 The Road"? have you heard about it... (as it were...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm familiar with Nick Bostrom's The Simulation Argument which suggests that the probability that humans are living in a computer simulation like the Matrix is quite high.   So nothing is real.  Everything is fake including Donald Trump .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines