• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer of DW Local Site to New Computer

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi My old computer (Windows 7) has run DW 8 ( I know quite old) very well for a number of years but the machine is very old. Have recently bought a new computer (Windows 10) and have installed DW 8 successfully and used site definition on new computer to connect with server successfully. Have transferred all DW local site to new computer in C:\ inetpub\wwwroot. seems to work but... The files now on the new computer are all READ only. I change the READ ONLY  to READ in the file preferences but when I reload it has remained. Any ideas? Many thanks in anticipation. Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Hi It turned out that it was a permissions problem with some folders and files on the new computer. Thanks for your help. Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your operating system's File Explorer.

Right click on site folder.

Select Properties. 

Untick the box by Read Only.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for your quick reply. I have done what you have said many times already but that does not solve the problem. The next time you look at the file, the READ ONLY is back again. It almost seems that the problem may be the parent folders permissions ... wwwroot. inetpub etc. but I don't know. Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open a file, what if any errors are you seeing in DW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have moved the files again to the new computer and have found that ALL the files are READ ONLY when I open them. When I open any WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT or ACCESS file, it says to save the file under a different name. I have tried changing permissions for inetpub, wwwroot etc. on the new computer but they always revert back to READ ONLY. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevredphysics  wrote

When I open any WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT or ACCESS file, it says to save the file under a different name.

That's a Windows permission issue. 

Do a Google search for Windows 10 Take Ownership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi It turned out that it was a permissions problem with some folders and files on the new computer. Thanks for your help. Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines