• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning off update pages dialog?

Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable all dialogs after confirming that I want to update all pages *after* renaming a page? When I rename a page or change a library item the application cycles through all pages that are affected... updating them, saving them to the server, etc. However, it pops up the dialog for each one! I've told it to hide the second one that shows for each file. However, these keep coming back. AND, then when I move to a different desktop (OS X) the dialog boxes follow me. Uggggggggg. At one point the first update dialog box with the question about whether I want to update all gets on one desktop window, while the main app is on another, and then the second file update dialogs are there too... resulting in my screen automatically flipping back and forth between desktops on its own. 50 times!  I just want to move on to other work and come back when it's finished.  How could this be considered desirable behavior?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about.  I rename files all the time. It's no big deal.  Simply renaming a file within a defined local site folder does not produce the behavior you describe.  So I think there may be more here than what you're telling us.  Can you post some screenshots and take us through what you're doing?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try going to Settings --> General --> Update Links When Moving Files and change that to never.  Is that the setting you are referring to?  Or when you say you are toggling windows, is this a Live View issue you are working through?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screencap showing what I am talking about. 

I do like the update feature and need to keep it set to  "Prompt" that I can opt-out if I don't want them applied everywhere. 

If I leave the second desktop window and try and work on something else the dialog boxes follow me there and preset for each file upload ... and I see that's really the Background file update dialog. Originally that stayed on my second desktop, but when I tried to move the Update Files dialog out of my way to do other work, the Background dialog follows. And, if I go back to the desktop that DW is docked on, the Background file dialog sometimes gets stuck on the other Desktop. 🙂 Fun! with Dreamweaver! Don't get me wrong, I Love DW. Been using it for 18 years.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nv8oomxllzvyk21/Screen%20Recording%202021-01-05%20at%208.44.50%20AM.mov?dl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem appears to be caused by automatically uploading files to server on save.  Bad idea.  Turn that off from your Site Definition settings.  See screenshot.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy - no, I like that feature. I need the files to auto upload.  The Dialogs should stay with the application and on the desktop that the app is on. I know those are pseudo modal dialog boxes and all, but still.  The application should allow to hide all those updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. I don't use a Mac. And I don't have focus problems on Win10.  My DW application is docked to the window frame.  And I use a single display.

2. As for uploading on save, suit yourself.  Personally I would sooner have a root canal.  One foolish mistake could cause big problems I don't need.

3. Feel free to submit feature requests directly to the DW Team from your Help menu.  If your request is viable and enough other users agree, perhaps it will be added to a future release at some future date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines