• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two common toolbars displayed

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a web page I have a common toolbar docked to the left side. There is another common toolbar floating elsewhere. When I close the web page the attached one disappears but the floating one remains. How do I get rid of the floating one?

TOPICS
How to , Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Maximize your application window to fill your entire screen.

Drag & dock left handle of toolbar to the application frame. HINT: You should see a blue border when it's ready to dock.  

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of DW?

Which operating system?

How many displays do you have?

Go to Window > Toolbars.  Of the 3 possible toolbars (Standard, Document Common), which ones are checked?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Dreamweaver 21.0 Build 15392.

I'm running Windows 10.

I have one display.

Before I open an html document, only the Common toolbar is checked. After opening an html document both the Common and Standard toolbars are checcked.

I hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maximize your application window to fill your entire screen.

Drag & dock left handle of toolbar to the application frame. HINT: You should see a blue border when it's ready to dock.  

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I docked the floating toolbar and then reset the "standard" workspace. I'm now down to one common toolbar. But I'm still having one problem.

I go to ... in the common toolbar and I see that Format Source Code is checked. But it and some others do not display in the toolbar. Do you have a suggestion for fixing this?

I really appreciate your help.

Marcus Libkind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 3 dots icon is for Customizing your Toolbar with the tools you use most.

REMARKS DELETED.  I apologize for any confusion my earlier reply may have caused.  I can confirm there is a bug with the toolbar options.  I am submitting a bug report right now from my Help Menu. Please do the same.

Here's my Bug Report:

https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/379458-adobe-dreamweaver-ideas/suggestions/41888221-bug-too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy,

Turns out that maybe there is not a bug. I was working on an html document in split view and realized that the missing items in the common menu appeared when I placed the cursor in the code pane. Maybe it was designed that way, but I never noticed it before. That might have been because I was working almost entirely in the code view.

Now I have only one open issue that I have not received any help on. It has to do with the display of templates and libraries in the assets pane.

I'm getting to where things should be working well in the future. Learning a new interface, especially one with so many bells and whistles, and be slow.

Marcus Libkind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines