• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in ...

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW created PhP (v7.4) page is throwing this warning linked to my DB connection file.

Seen a few suggestions recommending adding the following to the php.ini file

Under dynamic extenstions; 

extension=php_mbstring.dll
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll

But it hasnt resolved the warning issue.

Any other suggestions ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do your error logs tell you?

See this:

https://www.linode.com/community/questions/19631/internal-server-error-strpos-empty-needle

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is your connexion piece of code ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use WebAssists extention to create my local and remote connection:

The warning cites line 15 - ive highlighted it below.

<?php
# FileName="WADYN_MYSQLI_CONN.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_MyDevDB = "localhost";
$database_MyDevDB = "mydevices";
$username_MyDevDB = "devuser";
$password_MyDevDB = "pE8/AOzpL(";
@Session_start();
$foundConnection = false;
if ($foundConnection == false) {
$domains = explode(",","192.168.0.143");
for ($domindex = 0; $domindex<sizeof($domains) && !$foundConnection; $domindex++) {
$domainCheck = trim($domains[$domindex]);
if (strpos(strtolower($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]),strtolower($domainCheck)) !== false && ($domainCheck == "" || strpos(strtolower($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]),strtolower($domainCheck)) == strlen($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"])-strlen($domainCheck))) {
$hostname_MyDevDB = "192.168.0.143";
$database_MyDevDB = "mydevices";
$username_MyDevDB = "devuser";
$password_MyDevDB = "pE8/AOzpL(";
$foundConnection = true;
}
}
}

$MyDevDB = mysqli_init();
if (defined("MYSQLI_OPT_INT_AND_FLOAT_NATIVE")) $MyDevDB->options(MYSQLI_OPT_INT_AND_FLOAT_NATIVE, TRUE);
$MyDevDB->real_connect($hostname_MyDevDB, $username_MyDevDB, $password_MyDevDB, $database_MyDevDB) or die("Connect Error: " . mysqli_connect_error());

?>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$domains = explode(",","192.168.0.143");

I think should read

$domains = explode(",","[URL of your site]"); 

If that does not work, ask Ray at WebAssist.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm scratching my head, why would you need all that heap of bilge just to connect to your database........the mind boggles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those wishing to avoid fiddling with two or more connection scripts for say test and live scenarios. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humm..... l usually use the same  connection info for local and remote.....l guess my remote server is flexible and allows to do that where some may not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realistically this is probably all the code you would need. Test to see if its YOUR localhost server, if not use the remote connection:

$url = 'http://localhost/';

if(strpos($url, 'localhost') == true) {

$connect = mysqli_connect("serverName1", "user1", "pass1", "dbName1");

}

else {

$connect = mysqli_connect("serverName2", "user2", "pass2", "dbName2");

}

I've not tested it but it seems like it would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those wishing to avoid fiddling with two or more connection scripts for say test and live scenarios. 

By @paulc89302236

Personally, for each projects, I generally work with several servers, for different purpose (tests, research team, customer proposal, beta version, production...) and depending on the projects and the teams, the problem rarely comes from the connection scripts, but from the (fine) configuration, and uses, of the servers themselves...

in this sense, I have taken for habit, maybe wrongly, to set up a series of files that manage connections, rebalancing settings, constant dispatching, etc... that I place in a cloaked way, on my local space.

I name them in a very HARD way, for example __connect-server-foo.php or __SESSION_settings_server-foo.php... and so on.
In fact, these files are placed, modified, adapted only very rarely on their respective servers, where of course, they are named in a polymorphic way such as __connect.php or __SESSION_settings.php,

Then, in order to be invoked only in a unique way in the form of rectification due to the access path so different according to the servers :

<?php
    include_once('/'.trim( $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'], '/' ).'/fooshared/__connect.php');
?>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines