I have an "emojis" page I use all the time and now I have issues with editing the page. The issue is related to selecting UTF-8 encoded emojis but is so hard to describe that I thought this video would help:
This issue began after I recently purged a trojan from my PC and web site, which required that I copy and paste the code for this page...
...from another laptop that had not been infected yet.
Anybody who can help me fix this issue (so I can easily copy and paste characters in the code view like I used to) will be a hero of mine.
As a footnote not described in the video, when I cut a single emoji character then paste it in another part of the page, I get improperly rendered characters (question mark in diamond) in both the location the character was cut from and pasted to. Very strange.
I'll come back and check for comments on Youtube and here in this forum.
Copy link to clipboard
It looks like a corrupted file. I hope you have a clean ASCII backup somewhere.
Oof! I do keep backups but my backup process has replaced the backups with this corrupted file over time. I guess I need to figure out how to clean/fix this corrupt file (if that's possible) or rebuild it from scratch...or just use links to emoji pages made by others. Thank you Nancy & Preran.
Well, I did find a site/tool that is helping me get the "editability" back in my page. I can just copy (from the code view in Dreamweaver) a bunch of the emojis and convert them to HTML.
When I have the time, I'll do this for all the characters. This may be a "work-around" but at least I won't have to abandon the page altogether.