• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to the new Dreamweaver community!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are so excited to have you join us on your creative journey with Dreamweaver.

My name is Sujatha Reddy and I am your community manager responsible for managing this community along with Preran Kurnool & Atul Kumar Saini. My team and our community of experts will continue to guide and assist you as usual in this new space.

We hope you like the new experience!

If you have any questions or comments about this new community, feel free to post here. We are listening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019
I agree! If you discover any issues please report them here, and we will work with the concerned team to get them addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019
The posts are getting into a moderation queue and have to be approved by an admin to make it. We came to know of it only a couple of hours ago. We now have a dedicated team to improve the experience on the forums on a regular basis. You should see several improvements in the coming months. We have just gotten started. We will share all feedback we receive here with the implementation team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Are you aware that topics can have multiple Correct Answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only someone had told me weeks ago that the "new forum" would actually be just the Community Portal.  I would not have gotten so excited about a new platform.

This interface is clunky and not intuitive.  There is no way to set all forums to sort by latest; they all default to sort by relevant.  WTF decides what is RELEVANT?????  Preferences and settings are minimalist and really only covers personal information, which I hide, anyway.

This is a big pile of NOPE!!!

Again, whenever I feel that Adobe can't make things worse, Adobe proves my assertion incorrect.

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The posts are getting into a moderation queue and have to be approved by an admin to make it. We came to know of it only a couple of hours ago. We now have a dedicated team to improve the experience on the forums on a regular basis. You should see several improvements in the coming months. We have just gotten started. We will share all feedback we receive here with the implementation team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We require some indication of when or who posted the latest reply, (if there is one). At the moment one must watch the number of replys, which is o/k untill a few hours have past, (and us 'oldies' cannot remember that far back) definitly require emojies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree trying, to find out who has replied to what does seem a bit unintuitive at the moment. I'm not sure the 'view all replies' link helps. We also need a proper text box when replying to a post. This single line approach isn't working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted two comments yesterday on this thread, Peran, and I still don't see them. Am I to surmise that due to their critical nature of the new forum that the administaters chose not to approve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see your posts in the moderation queue. If you posted and they did not appear, there must have been an issue with posting your content. Can you retry and let me know if you continue to face issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not specifically recall what I wrote originally, but the gist of it was a) there should be some available guide to help forum members figure out how to use the new interface and b) that the default "relevance" listing order was no different than "latest" posts [each started out with the OP "welcome" post and the next was dated August 12th--later explained by you that posts for a certain period had been lost]. Later, I also posted a reply to WolfShade's OP about the forum which is not here. Can't recall now, but there may have been a day between my reply of the 12th and the one to WolfShade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a lot of disquiet concerning the previous forum when it was initially released. My main concern will b ehow quick the reply posts get through to the original poster who request help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TIL: Today I learned that if you click on "Adobe Support Community" in the upper-left, it will take you to a list of forums. ColdFusion is not visible amongst them, no matter how one sorts. I feel that this reflects Adobes feelings about CF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do a search on that page, it comes up with a link to the CF forum. https://community.adobe.com/t5/ColdFusion/bd-p/coldfusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What matters is that it does not appear UNLESS you do the search. Imagine being a newbie CF developer looking for a forum, landing on that page and not seeing "ColdFusion". I'd be wondering why Adobe doesn't support it (if I were a newbie.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cold Fusion Forum is grouped with Print & Publishing. Makes pefect sense doesn't it?
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tanks.....

yarblog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware that topics can have multiple Correct Answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one mark an answer as correct? I've got one that I'd like to mark as correct, but I don't see a link for it. V/r, ^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you signed in? Can you share the link to the thread here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't post replies if I'm not signed in.

And it's been so long, I don't remember which thread I was referring to.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How does one mark an answer as correct? I've got one that I'd like to mark as correct, but I don't see a link for it. "

@WolfShade.

I don't know for sure but I think only OPs and moderators can see it when logged-in.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I'll go back and look, but I don't recall seeing that option on a post in a thread that I started and someone added an answer that I consider correct. V/r, ^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only mods and staff can mark correct answers right now.  That may change soon as Khoros is  a work in progress.  The team is working on prioritizing problems that have been reported so far in Back Room and Community Help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to be that Gripey Gus, but this is ludicrous. Adobe makes CF which would be perfect for something like a forum, but doesn't use it. Bad optics. Instead, they rely on third-party turnkey solutions that really aren't a solution because they use lousy design/development. Such as not being able to enter a sub-reply inside a TEXTAREA which would allow line-breaks and formatting. Who does that????? Och, my brain..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is Nancy's artwork for the banner???

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is Nancy's artwork for the banner???

All forum banners are gone.  We'll have to see if forum design challenges are re-introduced later.  For now, it's all very generic.  😞

Meanwhile on a positive note :-))

• We have pagination on long threads.  Yay!
  • We have a complete list of forums on Adobe Support Community  -- including Cold Fusion. Yay!
  • The sort order is working now.  Yay!
  • And we have private messaging again.  Double Yay!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, it will continue getting better thanks to the in-house Engineering team. Thank you for your feedback in helping the team prioritize the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Dreamweaver keep getting worse and worse. You would think Adobe would have figured this out by now but they haven't Dreamweaver 8.2 on my old Mac is what I use still and only use the 2019 version when dealing with boostrap issues. I have been waiting 8 long years for Dreamweaver to get back to where it was 15 years ago - looks like it will never happen though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines