</div>

<div id="scripts">Scripts</div>

</body>

</html>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

We are seriously considering automating Bootstrap...

Currently I'm trying to to automate Boottrap as well, so it can find its way to the nearest trash bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  wrote

ALsp   wrote

We are seriously considering automating Bootstrap...

Currently I'm trying to to automate Boottrap as well, so it can find its way to the nearest trash bin.

LOL. And I can't say I don't feel the same way, but Bootstrap is so heavily promoted between Adobe and these forums that we're just looking for a way to help in baby steps, because well... I won't finish the thought publicly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

We are seriously considering automating Bootstrap... at least in terms of row/column creation and management. We are considering it because it's something that users who have bought into the Bootstrap cult desperately need.

Several  visual design products have already paved the way on this.   Just one example below

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several  visual design products have already paved the way on this.   Just one example below

Ah, it's not the same, Nancy. It kind of reminds me of the Fluid Grid controls in CS6. If the video is accurate, there would have to be issues that would be beyond normal heuristics. But I digress... this forum is about Dreamweaver, and my mission is making it better, not moving users to use another program. I guess that's all really hard to see for some folks.

And...

The Pro Package costs $25 a month or a quasi-one-time price of $179.00 (costing more If you need more than a year's worth of updates). That puts it in the same price range as a single-app Dreamweaver subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the software to judge what it can and can't do. I'm not advocating other products nor suggesting how to  build your extensions.  Just alerting you to some of the visual design tools that are out there. And if you need a longer list, just visit the 59 page Muse EOL discussion. 

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I'm obviously not going to get through to you, and there's nothing inherently wrong about that. I just want to state for the record, that my allegiance is to Dreamweaver because I believe it offers the best balance for coders and non-coders. I also believe that if I'm volunteering in this forum, I owe Adobe the respect to not drive or steer people away from Dreamweaver.

Oh, I understand how Pinegrow works. I'm a pretty quick study and between the video and their screen captures I think I understand .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

They always make these videos look better than what they actually are. Once you start working you very very soon come across senarios you would need to build everyday websites which they have failed to take into account and the only way is to do it in code view.

One such program, whose motto is 'No coding required' doesnt even have the option of wrapping text in a <span> tag via the UI, at least it didnt last time I did any investigation.

These kinds of programs only get you so far and then you fall off a cliff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's all the users of such programs want.

If you go over to the Muse forum, and look at most sites created with it, they all follow the layouts from the mid 00's era, with anything complexed being done inside an iframe. The quality of the visual apearance of some is very good, but no one looks at the code anymore, or the size of the total download.

What I think has not changed, in that such programs will become the default for small/personal sites, with custom code becoming the choice for the higher end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

That's all the users of such programs want.

So why if you sit in the forums of these programs do you get a lot of questions like 'wouldnt it be good if you included a plugin to include fontawesome' 'would'nt it be good if you included a plugin for server-side api functionality' etc....the users of such programs have become much more demanding and no such program can include everything that you will likely need at some stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why if you sit in the forums of these programs do you get a lot of questions like 'wouldnt it be good if you included a plugin to include fontawesome' 'would'nt it be good if you included a plugin for server-side api functionality' etc....the users of such programs have become much more demanding and no such program can include everything that you will likely need at some stage.

They want those things simply because they don't know how to code them themselves.

That's why I say, leave the run of the mill web sites behind, and offer what can only be done by someone who takes web development seriously as a profession, and not just as an add on to other services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They want those things simply because they don't know how to code them themselves.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it done with COPIC and then digitized, done with Illustrator, did you use an image library or did you code it directly in SVG?

it's amazing but as far as images are concerned, we don't ask the question as often as we do for page code!

by the way, in case you need it, I sell some images myself to different market places.. just email me directly ou use a PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trade secret!

Between you and me, copy and paste is a powerful tool. Legal? Probably not.

Src: http://en.bcdn.biz/Images/2018/4/16/d0a4be99-20fe-444a-a89d-701d751d36bd.jpg

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arf arf !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

Well of course and that's why you need to learn to code IF you require such 'advanced' workflows rather that place all your faith in someone elses skills, just sitting twiddling ones thumbs until they deliver.

pziecina  wrote

That's why I say, leave the run of the mill web sites behind, and offer what can only be done by someone who takes web development seriously as a profession, and not just as an add on to other services.

Yes, I agree. You cant really be a pizza-maker or part time office worker AND a web-developer with any real conviction. You might be able to dump something on the world but its rarely thought about to the point it looks even half professional. I guess I can build a brick-wall for myself but I wouldnt think of offering my brick-wall building skills in a serious capacity to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  a écrit

You cant really be a pizza-maker or part time office worker AND a web-developer with any real conviction.

it's because you're not a young worker, who is also a single parent and who also has a difficult end of the month... because we could easily add to the list of necessary partial time jobs, like dog walker, supermarket delivery man..... in addition to charter designer and visual identity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

osgood_   a écrit

You cant really be a pizza-maker or part time office worker AND a web-developer with any real conviction.

it's because you're not a young worker, who is also a single parent and who also has a difficult end of the month... because we could easily add to the list of necessary partial time jobs, like dog walker, supermarket delivery man..... in addition to charter designer and visual identity...

I don't think so Birnou. Trying to say that a young part time worker with multiple jobs, could build a professional relationship with clients for anything more than the small buisness or personal site is possible, is I think not a real possibility.

That some web development shops may exploit such people, and have them build sites for 'the shops' clients, is a more likely scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u   wrote

I don't think so Birnou. Trying to say that a young part time worker with multiple jobs, could build a professional relationship with clients for anything more than the small buisness or personal site is possible, is I think not a real possibility.

That some web development shops may exploit such people, and have them build sites for 'the shops' clients, is a more likely scenario.

Beggars belief what stupid excuses people come up with.

I trained for 4 years (once a young worker - without much pay) to become a Graphic Designer and it was 3-4 years before I myself felt capable of offering my services as a Web-Developer after hours of studying and making ficticious websites (unpaid), so I could convince myself I was in a position to be able to provide a service and it still wasnt great at the time, so how someone can claim to offer a professional service in 6 months, is beyond me.

The whole ******* world is completly crazy now, filled mostly with slackers that dont want to put in any hard work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let's say that certainly in England young entrepreneurs must be less lively and less inclined to multiple activities and the plural management of tasks... here in France it is not uncommon to see people with a very complete profile... as you can see on this picture

http://www.musicwaves.fr/files/articles/1221/pictures/5732.jpg

I know this guy well, and we don't see it in the picture but he also releases turtledoves, he throws a fireworks display while rubbing the floor with his feet to minimize the work of the cleaning people...

his career has lasted nearly 30 years and he has played in every corner of France and Navarre....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple question Birnou.

Would you hire someone doing web development as just one of a multiple part-time jobs, and do so for working on anything more than small, (cheap, one-off) site builds?

I know I would not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

Simple question Birnou.

Would you hire someone doing web development as just one of a multiple part-time jobs, and do so for working on anything more than small, (cheap, one-off) site builds?

I know I would not.

Here in the UK we have a saying - 'Jack of all trades MASTER of none'. In relationship to the one man band image posted that could hardly be nearer the truth. Who, but a bunch of washed up has-beens, would want to sit and listen to that for more than about 5 seconds.

And no I would not, as a client wanting an urgent/important update to my website he would most likely be playing to 10 sleeping pensioners in an old peoples home ringing his bells and clapping his symbols............being deaf could be an advantage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that's why the combination of a good UI and the ability to code comes into play. I liken many of the current crop of libraries, frameworks, and "automated" web builders to Betty Crocker cake mixes, which purport to have all the ingredients you need for the perfect cake... yep, all 96 of them, most of which are chemical enhancers and artificial flavors. A the end of the day you get a facsimile of a cake. And if you've never tasted a real cake made with real butter and real flavors... well, you don't know any better.

And in conclusion, I want to make it clear that I don't begrudge Nancy her opinions, I simply disagree...

Have a nice rest of the day, folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

We are seriously considering automating Bootstrap... at least in terms of row/column creation and management. We are considering it because it's something that users who have bought into the Bootstrap cult desperately need. We may not have the stomach to actually do it, but we are considering it because Adobe certainly does not appear to have the talent or the will to do it themselves.

Wow, I never thought I would see the day.

If / once you do offer something, what then compels Adobe to take on the task themselves? I know you have voiced that extensions have historically made Dreamweaver what it is over the years. But it would also maybe appear that at times the presence of extensions might have also propelled the out of touch nature of the Dreamweaver team too instead rely on 3rd parties? Sadly maybe holding back the actual apps development in certain cases, maybe? Otherwise what keeps the Adobe's Dreamweaver team from offering so little themselves and remaining behind the offerings of others, or fulfilling modern user requirements themselves?

Similarly DMXzone released Bootstrap 3 extensions years ago. But they finally sort of gave up on Dreamweaver and built their own app around Bootstrap 4 instead. They still however maintain, update and release new extension offerings for Dreamweaver also.

Do you see your potential but reluctant Bootstrap offering as a needed stopgap to prevent more Dreamweaver users from needing to seek out other alternatives elsewhere until Adobe themselves might release something worthwhile concerning features? Which to this point seems unlikely over the course of the next year or further concerning various missing features in the app in accordance to the 2019 roadmap blog post. From that post, it appears to Adobe the modern web is Bootstrap? Do you feel this potential Bootstrap offering will help hold the fort, as Adobe themselves seem to let the app and users continually and potentially slip away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I never thought I would see the day.

You still might not

After spending considerable time delving into Bootstrap, it would be better for us to stick with our Harmony approach, which is cleaner in markup and far more efficient in terms of CSS and other necessary asset files. A typical Bootstrap page weighs close to 1MB in CSS and script alone (uncompressed) which can be counted in terms of 10s of thousands of lines, while a similar Harmony page comes in at around 20K (markup, CSS, and script include).

I guess we're old enough, and comfortable enough, to not have to compromise our standards (thank goodness).

The more I look at the Dreamweaver Team, the more I understand how under the gun they must be. Adobe needs to add web coding experts to the mix. It would be so easy to offer what is the equivalent of the old table layout modules to drive modern,  CSS layouts based on either the Flexbox spec, the Grid spec, or a combination of both. There is, therefore, no need for Bootstrap. It remains a part of  Dreamweaver because the team does not have the resources to do their own page layout modules.

With that said, and given Adobe's history, it would be foolish for us to invest in something that could become outdated or replaced by Adobe.

It was a wild hair thought is all. But it did ferret out the fact that this particular Dreamweaver community seems especially opposed to the concept of extensions. For whatever reason, I'll leave the forum to its Bootstrap champions to throw in the occasional flash of insight from time to time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I guess Adobe will still require realizing their own needed stopgaps for various missing features concerning Dreamweaver. Especially if they do actually believe that Bootstrap is the modern web. With the presence of various deficiencies I would say they have their work cut out for them moving forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines