• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which hosting companies support Dreamweaver?

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hostgator and Bluehost do not support Dreamweaver.  Which hosting companies do?

TOPICS
Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is web building software.  Nobody except Adobe supports Dreamweaver. 

If you're asking how to upload files to your hosting server, you need to define your site and enter the correct log-in credentials provided to you by your web host.

Go to Site > New Site. See screenshot.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Failing that, try uploading files with free FileZilla FTP client.

If FileZilla fails to upload files, then you have other problems unrelated to Dreamweaver.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,  Perhaps I was unclear, the hosting companies I mentioned try to get me to dump Dreamweaver and use WordPress instead.  I'm looking for a hosting company that is not Dreamweaver hostile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is not equal to Wordpress. Dreamweaver edits HTML, Wordpress is a CMS written in PHP. With Dreamweaver you can edit the core files of Wordpress, but you would use the Wordpress backend to edit the content of your site, or install plugins into the CMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that may be hard to find. DW has been on the outs with a lot of web development firms, and by proxy, a fair number of hosting companies, for years. It's simply not keeping up with the internet and shortcommings pop up from time to time. There's nothing stopping you from using DW to build a site for either hosting company, and uploading via ftp/sftp shouldn't be a problem either. 

1st level tech support screen-reader helper monkeys likely don't have a "What to say if Dreamweaver isn't working" screen, so they tell you to use what they do have something on hand for, WordPress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your hosting company is NOT hostile to Dreamweaver.  But I think they sense you're an amateur otherwise you wouldn't be asking them for help with your site.  Most amateurs find it much easier to use WordPress. 

As to why you can't upload files, it could be many things.  Use FileZilla FTP client.  If Filezilla can't upload files, something is going on with your computer -- Firewall or anti-virus, or your internet connection (router).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you can't expect any hosting company to sort out poorly written html/css etc, not that DW is party to that, it's the operator who usually mangles the code up and then expects the hosting compnay to sort it out.

It would be better to inform the forum what issues you are having?

Dreamweaver does seem to have some issues connecting to some ftp hosting servers, might that be the issue? I would always advise anyone to use a dedicated ftp client if the inbuilt one is causing issues, perhaps you have another issue/s, not relating to ftp?

Maybe if you could elaborate on the problems you are experiencing, someone might be able to provide some more useful advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines