• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD to Dreamweaver to WordPress

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically, is it possible to create a simple, interactive presentation or guide in XD, transfer that to Dreamweaver, then transfer that to WordPress as a functioning "website"?

What I'm looking to do is create an interactive and shareable benefits guide - for instance "Click here to learn how to save money", or embed a video, scroll through this page or that, etc. Sort of like those Prezi presentations. What kind of skills would one need? Is using and connecting these three programs even possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

No.

Unless you're a professional PHP coder that's modifying a WordPress Child Theme, Dreamweaver is not used in the process of creating a WP website.

There's no automated process to move from one to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Unless you're a professional PHP coder that's modifying a WordPress Child Theme, Dreamweaver is not used in the process of creating a WP website.

There's no automated process to move from one to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn. Do you have any other suggestions? Maybe creating the "slides" in Illustrator or InDesign, then transporting them to WordPress that way? I'm just trying to find the most logical route to use to create this guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically you can do what you wish. Practically, it would take a very good working knowledge of html, css, js, wordpress and possibly php.

Your first problem starts with XD, as there was no consideration made durring its development of it working with Dw. That means you would have to examine the code it produces then translate it to 'standard' html, css, js files, in order to use it in Dw. Then you would have to know how to 'plug' those files into working wordpress themes, (child or main).

Having done that, a good working knowledge is required of the wordpress file structure in order to 'place' and link each file type correctly into the correct locations in wordpress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is "having a WordPress site" the desired end result, or more of a "I'll throw that out as an example" kind of thing?

If you have worked with WordPress before, it's likely that there's a theme and/or plug-ins available that can do most, if not all, of  what you want. You do need to get the images and text content into the correct formats first though. Typically creating jpeg, gif, png and svg files with Photoshop and Illustrator, then embedding them into your theme, and writing the text, using WP's Content Management System.

DW would be a totally unnecessary step in the process, if WordPress is the desired end.

If you have zero experience with any of it, hiring a professional website developer would be the most logical route. There are many out there now that work with WordPress sites, if editing your content as time goes by without "knowing code" is important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drat - I thought it would be simpler. Yes, having the WordPress site is the most ideal outcome (at least, it seems that way to me) at this point, as it's free. We do already have a website, but this would be more of an interactive book. I thought WordPress would be the best way to handle that. I'm open to other suggestions, though, if they can be done for free. I've looked at Prezi (costs), and Issuu (costs to embed now), but there doesn't seem to be anything free (or that I have already) that will let me put some "pizzazz" into this book/guide. I would like to be able to have a welcome screen, scroll down to an index, click out from there either to internal or external links, embed a video, that kind of thing.

Is there a way to do something like this a) for free and b) without going in depth learning code (though I do understand some basic html)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with "free", as it pertains to website development, is you very often get what you pay for.

I don't know of any free alternatives that can easily do what you're looking for. Even a specialized WP theme would likely have a cost associated with it.

That doesn't mean they don't exist in some form out there, I just don't know of any.

Hopefully, someone else here will have some ideas for you.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help! At least I know now that my original idea won't work. I'll keep researching. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oddlittlefox  wrote

'm open to other suggestions, though, if they can be done for free.

Use Adobe Spark which is free with your Creative Cloud plan.  If you can't afford Prezi, you can't afford to host your own WordPress site either.

Make Social Graphics, Short Videos, and Web Pages To Stand Out—In Minutes | Adobe Spark

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, the things I think I need from WP are free. As for Spark, the customization I'm looking for doesn't seem to be free (ie, my logo, colors, and fonts). Nor does Spark give me the option to link to something within the presentation. At least, from what I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spark is ideal for a 1 page online newsletter or story telling.   If you need more than that, look at Adobe Portfolio which can accommodate as many pages as you need.  But none of these are Prezis.  Also Portfolio is free with your paid Creative Cloud Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I appreciate the suggestions, but neither of those is quite what I'm looking for. I'd like an interactive book or thought cloud, that kind of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  Like Jon said, you get what you pay for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oddlittlefox  wrote

To my knowledge, the things I think I need from WP are free

If what you want to do is free from WP, then it would be better to ask either the providers of the 'free' solutions, or those that have used them.

No one in web development knows everything, and all we can tell you in this forum is what we personally know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, is possibile but you need to add at your process another tool ($80 but with lifetime free updates):

"Pinegrow Theme Converter"

https://pinegrow.com/theme-converter-for-wordpress

XD -> Dreamweaver -> Pinegrow Theme Converter -> WordPress

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get from XD to Dreamweaver without manually writing code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the plugin "Web Export":

https://youtu.be/goI6JHO99Qg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might work for a very simple artboard design to HTML & CSS.  But  there is no functioning JS code which as you know is essential for interactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Dreamweaver product forum, not a WordPress forum.

I don't understand the problem. Why must you edit and upload images to your site a 2nd time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines